Chapter 2

Gardenia

The clock struck midnight, Mom looked at us and smiled. "Happy birthday" she whispered. Mom looked down at the maps as tears streamed down her face.

David and I wrapped her up into a group hug. "We're gonna find her" I told her. For the past four weeks, David and I have been helping our mother, father, and warriors find our long lost triplet, Audrey, who was taken as a baby.

Mom and Dad never stopped looking for her. Even 18 years later, they still have hope that we'll find her. I know that we're gonna find her. I have this gut feeling. I just know that we'll find her soon. "So, they have to be in neutral territory" I stated while circling the areas with a yellow pen.

Dad nodded in agreement. "There's no way that they could be with a pack. But I'm gonna call some packs to see" he informed everyone.

"I'll help" Uncle Matthew offered. They left, and we all continued to stare at the maps. This might take a while.

*************************************************************

It was almost 8 a.m. when Uncle Matthew came burst into the office with Aunt El. She's Uncle Ryan's daughter, and Uncle Matthew is my mom's brother. Everyone was so happy when we found out that they're mates. They make a really cute couple. "I think we found it" he rushed out.

We barely narrowed down the areas, and he thinks he knows already? Uncle Matthew went over to the map and circled an area with a red pen. He pointed at the area. It was about 200 square miles. "The Midnight Howlers spotted a whole neighborhood outside their territory lines. No one noticed it until a few days ago. Alpha Laney has been scoping the area out" he informed us.

"So far, they've found out that there's no more than 70 people. But there are witches and werewolves, all rogue" Aunt El stated.

Mom nodded with a thoughtful expression. "That's the place" she said confidently. "They were working with witches before. And Midnight Howlers is Anthony's original pack" Anthony is the monster who took Audrey. My parents told Dave and I all about what happened. They even showed us the note that he left. Evil bastard.

Dad ordered to get a group of warriors together. Dave and I stepped forward. "We're coming with you" Dave spoke for the both of us.

Our parents frowned and shook their heads. "It's too dangerous" Dad refused before walking away. I hate when he does that. He just walks away like the conversation is over.

Dave stepped in front of our Dad, stopping him from going anywhere. "We weren't asking for permission" he stated. Audrey is our sister. We want to be there when we finally bring her home.

"You're not going!" Dad growled out in his Alpha/King voice. Unfortunately for him, that voice doesn't work on us. We ignored him and followed the warriors to the cars. "David Christopher! And Gardenia Belle!" Dad shouted.

Slowly, we turned back around to face our dad. I was ready for whatever yelling he wanted to do. And I was ready to fight for this. Surprisingly, he didn't look mad. He looked broken. Mom came behind him and intertwined their fingers. "Please stay here" Mom begged us. "We can't lose another child"

I want to go, but they look so scared and sad. I bit my lip and agreed to stay. Dave defiantly held his ground. I gave him a small smile. "We'll see her when they come back" I told him softly. He glanced back and forth between me and our parents, before nodding his head and going into the castle.

Dad kissed Mom's head and said his goodbyes. I wrapped my arms around Dad's waist. "Be careful" I mumbled into his chest. He nodded before getting into one of the cars. "I'll go talk to Dave" I brushed past my mom and made my way to the castle.