Chapter 4

David

She's gone, again. "We have to find her" I demanded. Audrey just disappeared. It was like when mom teleports, but it was faster. It looked natural for her. I know that we can't track her scent. We just have to think about where Audrey would go. "She's probably at her old house. It will only take us an hour to run" I said.

Uncle Matthew nodded in confirmation, but Gar was shaking her head at me. "We shouldn't go after her" Gar told me. "She obviously doesn't want to be here"

I frowned. "But she belongs here. This is her home. We are her family" I stated. Audrey never belonged with that monster. Audrey was four days old when she was taken. Anthony had to psycho or something.

"That's not what she thinks" Gar said softly. "Look, Audrey obviously loved Anthony. He was the only father she ever had. No matter how much he hurt her, that's her dad. And our dad killed her dad. She sees us all as the bad guys" she explained.

Sighing, I ran my hand down my face. "So what do we do?" I questioned. We can't just sit here and hope that she'll come back. Because she most likely won't.

We all looked at Gar for an answer. "We let her cool off" she decided. "We can send a few warriors over just in case. But we can't bring her back, not yet at least"

I nodded in agreement just as our dad mind-linked me. 'I'm interrogating the rogues' he informed me. I quickly told him that I'll be there soon. Our parents decided that I would be Alpha and Audrey would take over the throne. Gardenia is okay with it because she wants to be a therapist. Other duties would just get in her way.

After telling them where I was going, I made my way to the cellars. I found my father, Uncle Shawn, Uncle Brian, Uncle Ryan, and Uncle Thomas waiting for me. Uncle Shawn is Uncle Ryan's Beta. Uncle Ryan is the Royal Pack Alpha. Uncle Brian is my father's Beta. Uncle Thomas is the Royal Guard Leader. Needless to say, I have a lot of uncles.

Together, we started down the staircase that leads to the cells. "Rogue werewolves have silver shackles. We had a witch put a binding spell on the rogue witches. They can't use magic, and they also have shackles" Uncle Thomas informed us. We all nodded as he opened the door that separates us from the cells.

Surprisingly, it was dead silent. Usually, the prisoners shout to be let out, or they just shout profanities at us. Either way, it's never this quiet. I looked around at the prisoners. They were all young or women. 'All the men fought. They died. We found the women and kids in a safe house' Dad told all of us through the mind-link.

I continued to examine the prisoners. 'Was it necessary to chain up the kids?' I asked my father, a bit angry. The youngest one looked about seven. He was peacefully sleeping, but there was still a chain around his ankle.

'All the kids under five are being cared for' Dad informed me.

I angrily clenched my fists. "They are children. They can't do any harm" I hissed aloud. "You put a binding spell on everyone who we captured. Why do you feel the need to lock up innocent kids?"

Dad clenched and unclenched his jaw, but I didn't back down. His eyes darkened and I straightened out so we were the same height. "They had Audrey" he growled out.

I scoffed. "They weren't even born when Audrey was taken!" I shouted. Dad's eyes went back to their normal blue color as he looked down in shame. "When we're done here, I expect all the kids to be taken out the cells" I said sternly. Dad sighed and nodded his head.

Looking around, I saw that all of my uncles were looking at me with... pride? I shrugged it off and continued to walk. "Who is willing to speak on behalf of your people?" I questioned. My voice echoed through the cellar. I was answered with complete silence. "We mean no harm" I stated.