Chapter 37

Audrey

"We don't have to go today" Thomas reminded me as we packed our bags. It's been three days since we started our getaway. We ended up going back to the store yesterday and we bought new clothes, hence needing to pack more things than we came here with. "Our parents are fine with us staying here"

I nodded in understanding. "I know. But I'm just ready to go back home. We do have a pack to look after" I stated. Thomas grinned at me before pressing his lips to mine. Yesterday, I had also learned that Thomas loves it when I talk about our pack or our home. He just likes the idea of us. I can't really blame him for it. Since we've mated, things have just been intensified.

Thomas wrapped his arms around me from behind. "So by 'home', you mean our packhouse?" he asked. I nodded in clarification. "I like that" he muttered, kissing the side of my neck.

I hummed in response, instinctively leaning my head to the side so he could continue. His hands started exploring and I snapped out of it. "Hey! No touchy!" I exclaimed, moving out of his arms. "If we start again, then we'll never get out of this hotel room" We are easily distracted by each other. Thomas was completely fine with that. But I'd rather us not be those mates that stay in the bedroom all day, everyday.

He pouted and I caved and pecked his lips. "That's it for now. We need to finish packing" I said determinedly. He sighed dramatically, but nodded his head and helped me fold up clothes. Something fluffy hit my face. "Don't throw socks!" I exclaimed, throwing the pair into the bag.

"But you just did it!"

"I threw it in the bag, not at a person!" I retorted. I looked up at Thomas before we both burst into laughter. I'm not exactly sure why it was funny, but it was. "Okay. Stop. We need to finish this" I said, taking a deep breath to recover from our laugh-fit. Continuing the folding, I realized we were just about done. There was a knock on the door. "I'll get it"

I walked over to the door, checking to make sure I was wearing pants. I've been growing a habit of not wearing pants. It's bad. Sometimes I don't even realize that my bottom half isn't covered. But luckily, I was wearing pants. I opened the door, smiling at the usual guy who's been tending to our room. "Mrs. Laney. I have brought some treats- a going away gift" he informed me.

Smiling, I opened the door wider to allow him to roll the cart inside. "Wow. Those look great" I complimented, eying all of the different desserts that were on the trays. "What are they?" I asked.

He began pointing them out. There were different flavors of cheesecake, a few pieces of different cakes, some cookies, and a little plate of brownies. So basically, everything that would cause a little kid to have a sugar rush. "Thank you" I motioned for him to stay there. I quickly grabbed some bills from my wallet and turned around, but he was rushing out of the room. He gave me a smile and wave before he closed the door. I sighed, but smiled. He didn't like taking the money we offered. I actually pickpocketed him once just to put the money in his wallet. It's a bit extreme, but he deserves it. Every time we called for something, it took seven minutes top.

"Damn. He snuck out again, huh?" Thomas asked, standing in the doorway of the bedroom. I nodded, dropping the money onto the cart. "Oh, sweets!" My mate practically ran to the cart. "Chocolate!" he exclaimed, taking a brownie. I rolled my eyes at him as I picked up a fork and took a bite of the raspberry cheesecake. "I want some" he said in a child's voice as he opened his mouth. I scoffed and took another bite for myself. He pouted and I pointed to the other fork sitting on the cart. "Meanie" he huffed, snatching up the utensil. He took a bite of a cheesecake and sighed contently.

Thomas ended up dragging a chair over to the cart. He sat down and patted his lap for me to sit. Without refusal, I eased onto his lap. We continued eating until the cart only had dirty dishes on it. I put a couple bills on the cart. The worker will probably see it after he clears everything off. By that time, we'll be out of this room. "I'm calling him up" I told Thomas, walking to the phone.