Chapter 3

Audrey

My eye fluttered open at the sound of beeping. "Shit, that's annoying" I groaned. I turned towards the sound and started swinging my arm around. I felt like I was tugging on something. "What the hell!" I shouted. I'm hooked up to a freaking heart-rate monitor. I hit the button to turn off the machine before pulling the tubes and wires off of me.

Glancing around the room, I realized that I wasn't in the pack house. "Oh, god" I whispered as tears escaped my eyes. My dad's dead. They killed everyone. I was bitten. Obviously it healed though. Where the hell am I? I felt Keith's presence. "K-Keith" I called out quietly.

He appeared in front of me and quickly pulled me into a hug. "Everything gonna be alright, Bay. I'll get you out of here" he promised as he stroked my hair. He's gone. I cried into my best friend's warm chest. The man killed my father right in front of me. I accidentally let out a sob, and Keith tensed.

Instantly, I heard footsteps. Several footsteps. I'm too weak to use my powers. "Go" I urged. Keith gave me a sad look before disappearing. I know that he teleported, he didn't just turn invisible. Sighing, I walked to the wall furthest from the door and waited for it to open.

The door swung open and four people rushed inside. There was two teens who looked about my age. The girl had blonde hair that went past her shoulders with blue eyes. The guy had blonde hair that was long for a male and the same blue eyes. There was a woman, who I assume is their mother, she has short blonde hair and blue eyes.

The last person was familiar. And I know why. He had dark-colored hair and blue eyes. He was the one who killed my father. I was angry, most mostly scared. He killed my father in front of me. Dad was on his knees, and this man just beheaded him. He's ruthless. I can only expect the same for everyone else.

Surprisingly, the blonde woman cried out my name before running towards me. She wrapped her arms around me while she sobbed. What the actual fuck? I stood stiff as she cried on me. "Mom" the girl said softly as her and the guy pried the woman off of me. "She doesn't remember us"

The young guy took a step towards me and gave me a small smile. "I'm David or Dave for short" he introduced himself. This is just sick. Why would you introduce yourself to someone who you're gonna kill? This has to be some crazy game. They're just screwing around with me before they kill me.

Silently, I nodded as the teenage girl stood beside David. "I'm Gardenia or Gar for short" she told me. Her name is unique.

The woman was next. "I'm... I'm your mom" she stated. I froze and examined the woman. She was only an inch or two taller than me, unlike the others who towered over me. We had the same skin tone and the same eyes. If I was blonde, I would look like a younger version of her.

"No" I whispered. I cleared my throat and looked at the family. "You're not my mother. You're just an egg donor" I stated. She gave me away. She never wanted me. She never wanted my father. Obviously, she kept my brother and sister. She still has that evil mate. She created a whole new life.

I started to storm away, but his voice stopped me. "You belong with us. We're your family" the dark-haired man informed me. I heard the rest of them hum in agreement.

My blood boiled as I was filled with rage. I quickly spun around to glare at them. "You people are not my family! You're the monsters that killed my father!" I spat.

The man growled at me. "That thing was not your father. I'm your father!" his voice boomed. This guy has to be crazy. He raised those other kids, not me. I know who my father is.

I narrowed my eyes at the man before flicking my hand, making him fly into the wall. "You're a monster" I hissed before running out the room. Shit. That one thing drained my energy. Maybe I could still run away. Unfortunately, the egg donor appeared in front of me. "You're a witch?" I asked stunned.