Chapter 35

Audrey

Thomas quickly paid the check and we said goodbye to Christian. As we walked to the car, Thomas pulled the keys out of his pocket and held them out to me. I shook my head. "I'm tired. I'd rather just sit" I told him, moving towards the passenger's seat.

My mate apparently didn't like my refusal. He grabbed my wrist, stopping me from sitting down. "Are you mad?" he questioned.

I shook my head. "No. Just tired" I said, giving him a small smile. Truth be told, I felt a bit neglected. Sure, we spent a lot of the night talking. But there was a small part of me that was hurt that he had to stop doing something to answer his phone. And the fact that he was texting. Who the hell texts when they're on a date?

Thomas frowned. "Lying is a bad habit" he informed me. Thomas slightly leaned down to look into my eyes. "It was the phone, wasn't it?" he guessed. I looked away from him, embarrassed that I was getting mad over a phone call. He is an Alpha, it's probably business stuff. Being an Alpha is a full time job. "Drive back to the hotel. I'll show you what the phone calls were about" he offered, holding the keys in front of me.

Chewing on my lip, I slowly took the keys and moved to the driver's side. We didn't talk much during the drive. It was only Thomas telling me directions to get to the hotel. The air wasn't filled with tension, but it wasn't a relaxed atmosphere. I parked the car and we both got out. Thomas grabbed my hand before intertwining our fingers and giving me an assuring smile. The employees opened the doors for us while saying their usual greetings. "Thank you. Have a good night" I replied softly.

They smiled at me before closing the door behind us. We made our way to the elevator, and this time Thomas went inside with me. The seven floors passed by extremely slowly- or so it seemed. No one was even coming on the elevator, so we weren't stopped on the way up. "This isn't as romantic as I planned, but I'm still covering your eyes since it's a surprise" Thomas stated as we got to the seventh floor. He put his hands over my eyes and began leading me to the room.

I heard the beep as the key unlocked the door and he led me into the room. "Damn. I don't like it like that" he muttered from behind me. "Keep your eyes closed" he instructed. I tightly shut my eyes and Thomas slowly removed his hands from my face. I heard shuffling before it became silent. "Hold on" I felt the usual sparks as he angled my body. "Okay. Open" he whispered in my ear.

I couldn't stop the laugh that came out of my mouth. "That was kinda creepy" I informed him. I opened my eyes and turned to him as he began to roll his eyes.

Thomas pecked my lips and smiled at me. "Look" he urged, nodding forward. I turned my head and stared at the gift with a big red bow on it. "It's not the original one. But I-"

"Thank you!" I exclaimed as I turned around and jumped on him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He stumbled back a few steps, but managed to keep one hand on my thigh to hold me up and put his other hand on my back.

Thomas laughed. "It's not free. You have to sing me a song" he informed me. I could feel heat rise up to my face. "At least part of a song" he compromised. I hesitantly nodded my head and he set me onto the floor. A smile made it's way onto my face as I took in the sight of the black and blue stringed instrument leaning against the couch. "It's tuned and everything. The guy even said he left you a cape?" Thomas said, very confused.

I laughed, spotting the small stack of picks and the capo on the back of the couch. "It's a capo not a cape. It changes the pitch" I explained. "It looks exactly like the one that Keith got me" I said, running my hand on the smooth body. I carefully undid the bow and laid it on the couch. "What do you want me to sing?" I asked my mate as we sat down on love-seat.