Chapter 23

Audrey

"We're doing this my way though" I said sternly. "There's no way in hell that I'm letting you get hurt by this" I stated. Naomi quickly nodded her head. With a sigh, I looked around at everyone else. They looked surprised, but it was obvious that they all knew about Naomi's plan. "Look. We both know that this can kill you; and I don't want to risk your life" I said softly.

Naomi gave me a soft smile and rubbed my arms as comfort. "I knew you wouldn't. I have a plan for that, kind of" she informed me. I nodded my head and waiting for her to explain her plan. "We can have Riley help with the spell and we can wait until it's a full moon to do the spell" she suggested. We would have two items to feed off of for power. But this memory is deep in Naomi's mind.

Two sources of power might not be enough. I frowned and shook my head. "It's still too risky. That might not be enough" I stated.

She nodded as if she already knew this. "There is one thing..." she slowly trailed off. I already knew what she was referring to. But I didn't say anything. "There's a full moon tonight. And we can do it then. But we need-"

"Yeah. I know" I cut her off. I ran my hand down my face, feeling more stressed out. "I'm going on a run. Go ahead and call him" I said quietly before slipping out the room.

Footsteps followed after me, and I knew it was Jacobs. "I'll race you around the territory" he said, bumping shoulders with me. I smiled at his attempt to get me to loosen up. Nodding eagerly, we walked out and shifted.

*****************************************************************************

"Hey. I wasn't gonna go easy on you just cause your old!" I teased Jacobs. He was whining about losing our little race. He claimed that I should have made it fair by not running as fast as I did. Which doesn't make sense to me. If you're racing, you should be running as fast as you can.

Jacobs put a hand to his chest and made a surprised face. "Me? Old?" he questioned.

I nodded my head with a smile on my face. "Yeah. What are you like eighty?" I questioned. He dramatically gasped, making us both burst out into laughter. We walked into the kitchen and I was immediately hit with his scent.

"How was your run?" Eve asked. I grinned at Jacobs as he rolled his eyes at me. "You beat him in a race" she guessed. I nodded frantically as she laughed. "Yeah. Jacobs won't admit that he's getting too old to race" she was talking about him like he wasn't five feet away from her.

Chuckling, I lifted myself up onto the countertop next to my mom. Why don't I call her 'Mom'? I frowned at the random thought. I don't call Asher 'Dad' either. It is kinda disrespectful that I call them by their first names. And I could be hurting them by that. They are trying to be good parents and make up for lost time and what not. I feel bad that I don't call them Mom and Dad. It's like I'm not acknowledging them as my parents. "Hey, Mom" I blurted.

Eve slowly turned to me with a somewhat shocked expression. "Um... Do you have any potato chips? I'm really craving some" I said, giving her a smile. She nodded her head and pointed at the cabinet next to the fridge. I hopped off the counter and went straight to the cabinet. I quickly spotted the bag of chips and grabbed a bag of Hot Cheetos for Eve- I mean my Mom. Mom. She's my Mom. I chanted in my head.

I tossed the bag at her and they landed on her lap with the sound of the bag crinkling. "Thanks" she said as she opened up the bag and popped a few chips in her mouth. I smiled at her in response and sat back on the counter. "So should we be preparing for this spell thing?" Mom questioned before throwing a few more chips in her mouth.