Chapter 21

Audrey

I walked into the castle to be met with all the familiar scents of my friends and family. "Bay! Bay!" I heard Riley shout. Her little legs ran as fast as she could before she crashed into me. Her arms wrapped around my waist as she stared up at me with her big brown eyes. "I missed you" she mumbled.

Smiling, I swooped her up and spun us around in a circle. "I missed you too" I said as she giggled. "Where is everyone?" I asked while setting her back on her feet.

Riley shrugged, but her eyes lit up as she started bouncing up and down. "Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!" she said quickly with an excited tone.

I matched her excitement and put on a face thinking face. "Um... You had candy?" I guessed. She shook her head with a smile on her face. It sure looks like she had candy though. She has a lot of energy. "You... watched a movie?" I asked. Riley shook her head again. "I give up, what is it?" I inquired.

"I'm a chipmunk!" she blurted. Did she just say 'chipmunk'? "Dave is Dave. And Dave takes care of chipmunks. And Dave takes care of me. So I'm a chipmunk!" she explained giddily.

I slowly nodded my head, recalling the movie Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Dave even screams my name like in the movie. But he says Riiiillleeeyyy instead of Allllviiiin!" she said, screaming both names.

Laughing, I finally started walking deeper into the castle. Jacobs had patrol, so he didn't come inside with me. Riley walked beside me, her short legs moving quickly. "Hello?" I called out. My voice echoed through the hall, and I got no response.

I should've asked Jacobs where to go. "Riley. Can you help me find the living room?" I asked sweetly. She nodded her head and started skipping down the hall. There has to be someone in the living room right? I followed after her as she made turns down the hallway. She actually looked like she knew where we were going.

She's been adjusting well then. I'm happy for her. Riley is a strong little girl. I'm also glad that Dave has been so helpful with her, like a big brother taking over the father-figure role. I feel bad for not witnessing it though. I feel like I should be one of the people that help raise Riley, since I'm the last one that saw her mother alive. But I've been spending all this time with my mate- who isn't my favorite person at the moment.

So far, we've had what? Two? Three fights? I'm just wondering if its actually worth it. Obviously, we have some trust issues. People say that relationships are built off of trust. The less we trust each other, the worse our relationship would get. The problem is we barely even have a relationship. We don't know that much about each other. We don't hang out, since apparently; he's too busy researching my kidnapping to actually talk to me.

I quickly shook the thoughts out of my head. I came to the castle for a break from him, but he's stuck in my head. I growled in anger. Riley suddenly stopped as people appeared around us. "Uh... Hi?" I greeted slowly.

Riley ran towards one of the men and jumped into his arms. "This is Uncle Ryan!" Riley chirped as she patted the bald man's head.

Okay, then. "I'm Audrey" I introduced myself. There were a few gasps as they all bowed their heads. I wonder if they do that every time a Royal is in their presence. "I'm looking for Eve or David or Gardenia or Asher- basically the Royal Family" I stated.

Ryan walked towards me while holding Riley. "I'll take you to them" he offered before dismissing the other warriors. I thanked him as he started walking down the hall. "I'm Ryan, a friend of the family and the Alpha of the Royal Pack" he introduced himself.

I nodded my head. "It's nice to meet you" I said politely. "How long have you known the family?" I asked, attempting to make conversation.

Ryan thought for a few moments. "I knew Eve's mother when we were teenagers" he informed me. "Then David- Eve's father- came along around the same time I met my mate, Jordyn" a smile made its way onto his face as he spoke about his mate. I wish Thomas and I were more like that. "What's wrong with you and Thomas?" Ryan blurted.