Chapter 20

Audrey

Keith and Em sat side by side on the couch with controllers in their hands. They viciously pressed the buttons with their thumbs as they shouted at each other. For the third time since I walked in, Keith died. "You're cheating!" Keith accused.

Em rolled her eyes in response, but managed to kill him another time. "I never even played before! How could I cheat?!" she shouted back at him. Honestly, I have no idea why they're shouting. They're literally right next to each other. Em looked like she was just pressing random buttons. Keith knew exactly what he was doing, yet Em continued to kill him.

Laughing, I sat in the love seat and watched Em kill Keith for the eighth time. They continued to bicker about Em cheating, while I silently watched them. I could imagine them as mates; but no one will know until her birthday. After a while, I got bored. There's only so many times that you can watch your best friend get killed before you get bored.

I didn't bother telling them that I was leaving; they were too engrossed in the game to hear anything that I say. 'Can we hang out with Thomas?' Casey asked. I smiled before agreeing and walking to his office. Maybe we can just wait until he's finished with whatever he's doing.

Walking into the office, I was greeted by an empty room. Thomas must have gone somewhere. I sat down in his chair and picked up a random paper from his desk. It was paperwork for the girls, but some information was missing. I grabbed a pen and started filling it out. It gives my mate one less thing to do. I looked around the desk for anything else I could do.

A folded paper caught my eye. I grabbed it to reveal the note that Anthony left me. "He took this?" I whispered to myself. Why would he take it? It said absolutely nothing. "It doesn't matter" I stated while shaking the thoughts out of my head. It's just a note.

I started organizing his desk, since there were papers everywhere. I put all the papers in a neat stack and put the pen in the drawer. Once his desk looked clean, I glanced around the room for something else to do. Yellow paper had me glancing at the floor. There was a notepad sitting by the wall, like someone had thrown it.

He probably got too stressed out and threw it. I picked up the notepad and set it on top of the papers. As I set it down, I realized that there was writing on it.

ANTHONY REYNOLDS

His name was in big letters at the top of the paper. Underneath his name was what I guessed were notes.

Accomplice?

-in castle

-Royal Pack?

-Blue Moon Pack?

My eye brows furrowed together as I continued to scan the page. It was about the kidnapping. My kidnapping. Thomas thinks that Anthony had help from someone other than Malcom. But why wouldn't he tell me? He wrote down a few of his theories. There were possibilities of the person being a Royal Guard. Notes about how Anthony got information on us were scattered around the page.

Somehow, Anthony had our names a few days after we were born. He knew that we would be in the nursery the day that he kidnapped me. I turned to the next page and gasped. Thomas had Keith as a suspect. He had questions and notes about another block being in his mind. Since Keith was only a baby as well, there were a few suspicions about Keith's parents being involved.

However, Keith's dad died before he was even born. All I know is that he was a witch. His mom was a rogue witch when Keith was born. She never joined our little community. A few months after we had turned fifteen, she died. And Keith ended up moving in with us. Even if they were involved, then there's no way to confirm it.