Chapter 39

Audrey

"Just a bite! Please!" Jesse begged from the other side of the kitchen island. I stuck my tongue out at him before taking another bite of the last taco. He pouted before sprinting to my side of the island. I quickly ran, so we just switched sides. "Audrey!" he whined.

Shaking my head, I bit into my taco. But he ran when I was mid-bite; resulting in me trying to bite the taco while running away. "My taco!" I exclaimed after I swallowed. He huffed and sprinted forward again. I began to run, but I didn't feel good. "Oh, crap" I stumbled to the trash and threw up.

Sam came over and rubbed my back. "You wasted the taco" Jesse muttered.

I glared at him, wiping my mouth with the napkin that Sam gave me. "You shouldn't run and eat" Sam chastised me. I nodded in understanding as I threw the napkin in the trash. "Go brush your teeth" he demanded.

After saluting him, I walked out the kitchen. "Ew. You stink" Keith stated as I passed him on the stairs. I would've pushed him if it wasn't dangerous.

I settled for glaring as I stomped to my bedroom. I brushed my teeth before heading back downstairs. "This is your fault!" Jesse exclaimed as I walked into the kitchen. I raised an eyebrow at him, not stunned by his dramaticness. "Sam made me throw out the trash 'cause you threw up in it!" he exclaimed.

Sam slapped the back of Jesse's head. "You made her run, so you caused her to throw up. Ergo, you're at fault" Sam corrected him. I grinned, nodding in agreement. "Veronica just woke up, so I'm gonna talk to her" he announced. Jesse and I wished him luck before he disappeared.

"I'm sorry I made you throw up" Jesse apologized.

I shook my head, letting out a small laugh. "I control my legs, not you" He laughed, nodding in agreement. "Hey!" I shouted as Keith came into the kitchen. "It's not nice to tell people they stink!" I huffed.

He smiled at me. "But it's true" Keith said cheekily. I narrowed my eyes at him. "It kinda stinks in here too" he pointed out.

Jesse nodded. "She threw up" he said, jabbing a thumb in my direction.

"I knew it!" Of course, Jesse had the worst timing. Stacy came into the kitchen with a huge smile on her face. "I knew you were pregnant!" she exclaimed.

We all cringed. "Not exactly" I said slowly. Jesse explained the situation, which wiped the smile off of her face.

Stewart came into the room, wrapping an arm around Stacy. He whispered something in her ear, making her nod. Stacy mustered up a smile. "I'll make some breakfast. You guys want anything?" she offered.

I shook my head. "We just had tacos" I informed her. Her smile faltered, but she recovered quickly. "I'll see you guys later. Imma hang out with Thomas for a while" I announced. They all nodded and I walked over to Thomas' office.

He smiled at me as I walked in. "To what do I owe this pleasure?" he questioned, sounding extremely formal.

I laughed at him, sitting on his lap. "Your dad talked to your mom" I informed him. He hummed in response as he started playing with my hair. "And Jesse made me throw up" I said casually.

His hand froze. "He what?!" Thomas exclaimed. I laughed and ran my hands down his arms to calm him. "What did my idiotic friend do?" he asked, much calmer.

I explained the whole last taco fiasco, which amused my mate. He teased me about it, then I just sat in his arms for a few minutes. I thought about the whole crazy night with Jesse and Sam. It was quite amusing. "Hey. You and the guys should go out today. Jesse and Sam wanted to sometime. Why not today?" I suggested.