Chapter 24

Audrey

"Well, you ordered a hot coffee. What did you expect?" I questioned, slightly amused. Okay, I was a little more than slightly amused. I mean, my mate tried drinking his coffee right when he got it, then he burned his tongue. And after only two minutes top, he tried again. So he didn't burn himself once, but twice.

Thomas huffed and slouched in the booth across from me. We had ended up going to a café and drinking our coffees in the building. "You're mean" he stated, pursing his lips. I chuckled and sipped on my coffee. I had whipped cream in mine, so it cooled the coffee down faster. "I should just go talk to them" he glanced over my shoulder.

I laughed, already knowing who he was looking at. There was a group of teenage girls who were openly goggling my mate when we walked in, when we ordered, and still now as we were sitting down. Thomas is probably ten years older than them. But nothing was stopping them from checking him out. It was amusing to me.

Most people would get possessive and whatnot. It would be different if they were my age or Thomas' age, but they're like 15. I know for a fact that my mate isn't some creepy pedophile. He might be a sleep-groping pervert, but he's not a pedophile. Plus, I can't really blame those girls. My mate is kinda hot. "Yeah. You have fun with that. Just know, I won't help you out when they get too touchy" I stated.

He cringed as we both saw a flash go off. There were panicked voices behind me. I covered my mouth with my hands as Thomas' eyes went wide. "Did they just-?" he questioned, trailing off. I nodded my head, stifling my laughter. They actually took a picture! Within the next minute, the girls scurried out of their booth and left the café. "I better not be on some random girl's Instagram" he grumbled.

I grinned and shook my head in amusement. "If it helps, you would get a lot of likes" I said. Thomas smiled at me, and I felt a sudden pain in my head. I brought a hand up and massaged my temple. "I'm fine" I assured Thomas, seeing that he had a concerned expression on his face.

He moved to my booth and started massaging my head. I sighed in content and leaned on his shoulder, letting him caress my head. I've been having random shots of pain since we got here. But I kinda just ignored them, thinking it was a side-effect from earlier. "Maybe someone is just trying to get through your wall" Thomas suggested.

I shrugged. "I don't think so. It felt different before. Like knocking or something. But this just hurts" I was sorta whining at the end. But I was in pain, so that's my excuse. I'm allowed to complain about a major headache.

Thomas turned his head to kiss the top of mine. "It could just be multiple people trying to mind-link you. Just let your wall down. Instead of building it up, picture your wall being destroyed" he said softly. I nodded and imagined myself surrounded by a tall wall and it all crumbled around me. Immediately, I was hit with voices.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I groaned. "Just focus on one of the voices. Block the others out" my mate instructed. I nodded my head, trying to push away some of the voices.

'Stacy is so pretty But our friendship would be screwed up if I made a move' I didn't recognize the voice. Nor did I know who the hell Stacy is.

Shaking my head, I pushed that voice away and focused on a new one. 'Why doesn't my husband do that? I want a head rub' that was an older woman's voice. Another one that I didn't recognize. 'Young love is so beautiful' she said in an awed voice.

'Who are you?' I questioned the woman. It was quiet for a few moments. I was thinking that she didn't hear me, so I repeated my question.

This time, she answered. 'Are you my conscious? Or am I going crazy? Jared told me not to drink so much coffee. Now I'm hearing voices in my head' the woman ranted.