Chapter 9

Audrey

Jacobs' and I didn't start driving back to the Midnight Howler's territory until 8 a.m. We stayed at the cafe until 5 a.m., then Jacobs had the idea to drive to a cliff and watch the sunrise. It was so beautiful, but the sunlight blinded me.

Anyways, we were only a few minutes away from the pack house when Jacobs spoke up. "Do we need to sneak back into the house?" he questioned.

I shrugged. We snuck out for fun, and there's not really a point to sneak back in. "Nope. Someone will probably hear the car anyway" I stated. Honestly, I was going as fast as this car would take me. I love driving this thing. We put the roof down, so wind was blowing everywhere. It felt amazing. If I ever steal a car again, it would be this one.

"I wonder who's car this is" I mused while turning. The pack house came into view and I slowed down. "They might be mad that we stole their car" I said with a laugh. It seems weird to steal a car to get coffee and watch the sunrise, then bring it back.

Jacobs chuckled. "Technically, we didn't steal it. We're bringing it back, so we just borrowed it" he corrected me. "Besides, if someone gets mad; we can just tell Alpha Stewart. He'll vouch for us" he stated.

I smiled. "Everyone vouches for you" I responded. He told me that the King vouched for him after he kidnapped Eve. No one could really do anything when the King was on his side, so he got off free, kinda. Everyone hated him, and he occasionally got beat up; but they eventually warmed up to him.

As we got closer to the pack house, I could hear yelling. There were two male voices. I recognized one of them as Alpha Stewart. "What are they saying?" Jacobs asked. I shrugged and continued to drive.

I parked in front of the pack house where Alpha Stewart was having a heated argument with another guy. The guy's back was facing us, and neither of them noticed us. "Don't be mad?!" the guy shouted. I shivered at his voice. "Someone stole my fucking car!" he shouted.

"Actually, we just borrowed it" I spoke up. Their heads snapped towards me and I looked down at the ground. "I brought it back. It just has less gas" I muttered.

I heard footsteps as someone neared me. "Don't blame her" Jacobs said as he appeared in front of me. "We didn't know it was your car. We brought it back, no damage was done. I'll even give you money for the gas" he offered.

Frowning, I tucked my hair behind my ear. It was my idea to take the car. Jacobs shouldn't have to pay for gas. "Move" the guy demanded. From my peripheral vision, I saw Jacobs bow his head and move to the side. He kept his eyes glued on me.

The guy moved forward until his black shirt covered my vision. "Look at me" he ordered. I defiantly kept my eyes on the ground. "I said look at me" he repeated.

Suddenly, my courageous side decided to make an appearance. "Not until you ask nicely" I retorted. Where's Casey when I need her? Unfortunately, I still can't feel Casey or use my powers; which makes this the worst time to be brave.

"Please look at me" the guy said stiffly. I tsked him and shook my head. That didn't sound nice enough. The guy sighed. "Can you please look at me?" he asked softly. God, his voice makes me want to melt.

Slowly, I tilted my head up to look at him. I had to crane my neck to see his face. I gasped as our eyes met. He had amazing blue eyes that were staring right at me. I freely took in all his features. He was at least half a foot taller than me. He had light brown hair that was messy from him probably running his hands through it. I had an urge to run my hand through his beautiful hair.

I'm guessing he had the same urge. He moved my hair back and cupped my cheek making a familiar firey feeling erupt on my skin. "You're so damn beautiful" he mumbled while rubbing his thumb on my cheek. Tingles were forming as his hand stayed on my face.