BONUS CHAPTER

Audrey

Twins. My beautiful baby girl, Amber. And my handsome boy, Adrian. Even though my water broke the same day as Sammie, Veronica, and Emily; I didn't give birth until the next day. The twins couldn't decide who wanted to get out first. So there was a bit of a wait. By 'a bit', I mean almost twenty hours.

Needless to say, I was very angry at Thomas. It takes two to tango. But I still blamed him. Everyone had already visited the babies; leaving only my mate and I in the room. He was holding Amber. She got Thomas' brown hair while Adrian got my black hair. Both had blue eyes and Thomas' tanner skin unlike my pale tone. They were gorgeous little bundles of joy. Much cuter than my friends' babies. But that's just my opinion.

My mate glanced at me. "Mommy looks tired" Thomas said softly as he gently rocked Amber back and forth. "She should sleep, huh?" he asked our daughter in a child's voice.

I waved him off, holding Adrian in one hand. "I'm okay" I assured him. Regardless of my words, Thomas took Adrian away from me. Due to the soreness, I couldn't get up; so I settle for scowling at him. Thomas placed the kids in their cribs and told me to sleep. "But-"

"Sleep" he demanded. Grumbling, I crossed my arms over my chest and turned away from him. The pain that shot through my body made me wince, but I didn't acknowledge it. "I felt that. You want me to ask the doctor for medicine?" Thomas asked. I shook my head. I didn't want medicine in my system if I was breastfeeding the kids. Even if the doctor says the meds are safe, I would refuse to take it. "Can I lay with you?"

Shaking my head, I pulled the blanket over my face. Honestly, I wanted him to come into bed with me. Just to feel those sparks. But I felt gross. My hair was still a mess. I was sleep deprived. Plus, I knew he would wrap his arm around my waist. I guess I was a bit self-conscious. I knew my body wouldn't be the same after pregnancy. The little pudge still on my stomach was enough proof. Sure, it was covered by my shirt. But he would feel it if we were in the same bed. It was different when I was actually pregnant. You could feel my babies inside of the womb. But now, it's just a bump. Not that large, but still noticeable.

Ignoring my deny, Thomas climbed into the bed. I attempted to push him off, but he caught my wrist in his hand. "Your wall isn't up" he mumbled, pressing a kiss to the inside of my wrist. I built up my wall, pushing him out of my mind. Thomas sighed and laced our fingers together. "I love you" he cooed, scooting closer to me. "It's just mommy-weight. It's from carrying our babies. You're still gorgeous"

I sighed and allowed him to pull the blanket off of my face. "I love you, too" Bringing his hand to my face, I pressed a kiss to the back of his hand. I took a deep breath before turning around so my back pressed against his chest. Our intertwined hands rested on my stomach as we both fell asleep.

***

"She's gonna make herself deaf from screaming so loud!" Jesse shouted, trying to get Amber to calm down. I was breastfeeding Adrian and Sammie was feeding Maili. Since Thomas was off doing Alpha stuff, Jesse was assigned to help up with the babies. I thought he would get used to it by now. But Jesse still freaks out about the kids. "Why are you crying?" he muttered, rocking my daughter back and forth.

Amber continued to cry in Jesse's ear. "Pat her butt. That usually calms her down" I suggested. Jesse shifted Amber in his arms before doing as I said. "See. Not that hard" I gave him a smile as she calmed down. Jesse sighed in relief, while I pulled Adrian out from under my nursing cover. After burping my son, I sat him on my lap. He stared at Jesse.

Jesse actually looked a bit creeped out. "Is he planning my murder right now?" Jesse wondered. Shaking my head in amusement, I rolled my eyes. He's two weeks old. Why would he be planning a murder? There was suddenly the unmistakable noise of a fart. "That was Amber. I swear" Jesse said quickly.