Chapter 30

Audrey

It seems as though I have two best friends who are girls. Dave's mate is not at all shy after you spend one day with her. "I don't understand why we have to go to the mall!" Keith complained.

We all smiled sweetly at him. "Majority rules" we said in perfect synchronization. We burst into laughter, Keith rolled his eyes, groaning as I continued the drive towards the mall. We took Ryan's car since it would easily fit the four of us. Dave and Thomas were filling out paperwork for the new people joining the pack. I decided to be a fun Luna-Princess person. I have no idea what to call myself. But the point is, I'm taking my best friends to the mall so I could buy more furniture for the people joining our packs.

"Can we get ice-cream?" Riley is also here. It was actually Lila's idea to bring her. She wanted to get to know her mate's daughter. I think Dave and Lila are perfect for each other. She already started bonding with Riley. They're sitting in the backseat with Emily.

Lila glanced at me through the rear mirror and I nodded my head. "Of course. You just have to eat real food first" Lila stated. Riley quickly nodded her head, wrapping her arms around one of Lila's. "Is there anything you wanted at the mall?" Lila asked.

I tuned them out, focusing on finding a parking spot. "We're here" I announced. Riley let out a little cheer, unbuckling her seatbelt and climbing over Lila to get out of the car.

Riley started running towards the mall, and in a panic, we all followed after her. "Riley!" Lila shouted. The little girl stopped running and we easily caught up to her. "You're not supposed to run in the street. It's dangerous" she scolded Riley.

She frowned, looking down at her feet. "Sorry, Lila" Riley mumbled.

"I just don't want you to get hurt" Lila said softly. Riley nodded her head in understanding as she grabbed Lila's hand. I locked the car, hearing the beep in the distance; before we entered the mall. "So, where to first?" Lila asked, looking at all of us.

Emily pointed to a sign. "The bathroom. I really have to pee" she told us. Keith scrunched his face up. "I'll take Riley with me. I think she has to go too" Emily offered. We nodded our heads as Emily and Riley walked off to the bathroom.

Lila watched until they were inside. "She acts a little younger than nine" Lila said hesitantly.

I nodded my head. "She was really attached to her mother- most of the kids were. We didn't really have to grow up" I stated. At our rogue house, we were all protected closely by our parents. And those without parents were protected by adults in general. We didn't have to worry about anything. "See, Keith is still a child" I pointed to my best friend.

He was rubbing the leaf of a plant. "Is this real?" He inquired, leaning forward and sniffing it.

We laughed, shaking our heads in amusement. "What if someone spit on that leaf?" I questioned. Keith quickly pulled away from the plant, viciously wiping his face. "Did you want anything or wanna go anywhere specific?" I asked, looking back and forth between Keith and Lila.

"Is there a kid store? I wanted to get something for Riley" she admitted. I quickly nodded my head, naming off a few of the stores. "Cool. Hopefully she sees something she likes" Knowing Riley, she'll probably like everything in the stores.

I turned to Keith, who shrugged. "I'll get what I need. I have cash, so I'll just buy it. You guys don't need to be with me" his voice sounded panicky.

Looking at him warily, I slowly nodded my head. "If you don't want us with you, we'll go to a different store while you get what you need. Just be careful and tell us before you wander away" I demanded. Keith nodded his head as Emily and Riley returned. "Did you guys wanna eat first?" I asked the bunch.