Chapter 25

Audrey

Everyone looked shocked and slightly angry at my question. "Who is he?" I questioned again, glancing around at my family. "Mom?" I asked.

She sighed and wrapped her arms around herself. "He was a witch. He was originally kicked out of the Gemini Coven for experimenting with hybrids. Odin wanted to create an extreme immortal" she explained. A few tears leaked out of her eyes as she spoke.

Dad moved behind her and wrapped his arms around her body. "He cast a spell on you guys before you were born" he informed me. Okay. That is a whole other level of crazy. "We caught him and he was killed. The spell was lifted. And this all happened before you were born" he stated.

"Well. This Odin guy had a son" Thomas stated.

I sighed. "Odin is Keith's father" I declared. It's not rocket science. They talked about a child. Both of Keith's parents were kicked out of their coven. Keith's mom didn't share any information about his father because she didn't want him to know who he really was. Keith's mom never wanted to join our little group no matter how many times Keith had begged her.

My best friend's dad casted a spell on me and my siblings before we were born. Yup. My life is so fucked up. "What was the spell?" I asked.

"Something about power. But it was lifted when he died. Eve felt it" Dad informed me. I nodded my head. All spells break when the witch who cast it dies. "Was he in Naomi's memories?" he asked.

I glanced at Naomi. She looked quite dizzy. "Maybe you should go rest. We'll sort everything out and fill you in tomorrow" I said softly. She nodded and Dave quickly walked to her side to guide her into the house. Riley was trailing behind them, sleepily rubbing her eyes. I shook my head at the adorable thoughts of her floating around my head. Focus. "Anthony and Naomi's husband mentioned him. It was planned for me to meet Keith. Our bond was planned. Anthony just needed the right timing" I explained.

For all we know, Anthony's plan could still be in process. He practically planned out my whole life. I was a hybrid- but only from the bonding. He was probably working with this Odin guy before he died to make my powers permanent. He could have teamed up with more witches- more people in general. People- who we don't know even exist- could be in on Anthony's plans, whatever they might be. Anthony knew Odin from before I was born- maybe even before I was conceived. That's over 18 years that they could've been planning something big.

Thomas wrapped an arm around my shoulders and placed a kiss on my temple. The simple gesture was enough to ease my fear, but only a little. "We have to assume that they were working together before you guys were born. Which means, they could have more people in on this" Thomas stated. Looks like we were thinking the same thing.

I sighed and leaned into my mate. We all started going inside the castle to discuss things in a less freezing cold environment. "Okay. The only connection between them would be Malcom" Dad stated once we were in the kitchen. Thomas and I sat on the counter with his arm still wrapped around my shoulders. Currently, he was the only thing keeping me from going on a rampage to figure out who else is in on this whole plan.

This is all just so screwed up. I thought my life was complicated before. And now I think it just got a million times more complicated.

****************************************************************************

"Let's go for a walk" Thomas suggested. I was in Dad's office, looking through everything they had about the kidnapping. It wasn't much, but it was better than standing around and asking what ifs. Our discovery happened last night. We all went to sleep after talking in the kitchen for a few hours. I woke up this morning deciding to open an investigation- I guess you can call it that.