Chapter 5

Audrey

I stood in front of the house I grew up in. Looking around, I saw flashes of the battle that occurred a few days ago. My family was greatly outnumbered. The fight wasn't fair. Using my werewolf senses, I saw dried blood staining the green grass. However, there were no bodies.

Frowning, I walked up the front porch steps. I walked through the doorway, stepping on the cracked front door. The house was completely trashed. All the windows were broken, explaining the glass that scattered around the hardwood floor. Going deeper into the house, I imagined a few days ago when everyone packed into the kitchen and wished me happy birthday

Instead of the clean kitchen I was accustomed to, this kitchen was absolutely destroyed. Every single cabinet was open as well as the fridge. There was food littering the tile floor and a sticky liquid that was most likely juice. I looked to my right where our dining table used to be, but was now a pile of broken wood. In my mind, I saw Dad, Keith, and I sitting at the table with our breakfast. My hand subconsciously started playing with the heart-shaped locket around my neck.

My eyes landed on the living room. The couches were ripped with a few claw marks here and there. Blood stained the carpet. Our glass coffee table was broken. And in the corner was my guitar case. "Oh god. No. Please" I whispered as I shakily took a step towards my birthday gift.

They destroyed my house, my friends, and my family. Since I left the egg donor's house, I probably won't see Keith again. The locket and the guitar are the only things I have left of him and my father.

The guitar case was still closed as I laid it down. I flipped open the locks before taking a deep breath. "One... Two... Three" I pushed the case open, and it was empty.

I loudly cursed as I threw my fist through the wall. I heard a soft whimper, but it didn't come from my mouth. Turning around, I saw Kelly. She's one of the witches that lived with us. She has a daughter, who I didn't see with her. "Bay!" she cried out as she ran towards me.

Meeting her half-way, I wrapped my arms around her as she started sobbing. Her arms were loosely around my neck while I was rubbing her back in attempt to calm her. "Kelly. What happened?" I asked softly.

She sniffled before pulling away and wiping her face. I waited as she willed herself to stop crying. "Men came inside the safe-house. They took everyone. Bay, they have Riley" her voice cracked at the end. Riley turned nine a few months ago. She's an adorable little girl. No one is cruel enough to hurt her. Or at least I hope no one is.

"How'd you get out? Why didn't they take you?" I inquired. By the looks of it, Kelly is the only one here. I wonder where the others are. Did they kill them? God, they were innocent kids!

Kelly sighed. "We tried putting up a force-field. I blacked out, and I guess the men thought I was dead. I woke up in the safe-house earlier today" she explained. Using magic also uses a lot of your energy; so it is common for people to black out while doing a spell. "Everyone was gone" she said quietly.

My heart dropped. "Did anyone get hurt?" I blurted. Maybe she saw something before she fainted. Maybe she saw who did this. Or she saw if everyone got out.

Rubbing her temples, Kelly let out a grunt of frustration. "It's all foggy. I can't remember" she sounded apologetic and so extremely sad. I don't blame her. Her daughter was taken, and we can't be positive of her location

My money is on the egg donor and her family. Not Gardenia and David, but her 'mate' and pack members. If I saw what happened, then I could find my family. "Oh my god!" I exclaimed. "You can transmit your memory to me"

There is a spell where you can share memories with each other. The person receiving the memories would basically be watching a movie through the other person's eyes. The spell is really easy and doesn't take a lot of energy; so it won't tire out Kelly.