Chapter 17

Audrey

Jesse was still frozen as he continued to growl. I nudged him with my head and nodded towards the pack house. Hesitantly, he stopped growling and started walking. The female wolves looked at me, and I nodded as a gesture to follow Jesse. Slowly, we all made our way to the pack house. Jesse was in front, the girls were behind him, and I was at the back.

While we walked, I examined the girls. Each of them had a few scratches. One of them was limping. There was some dry blood stuck in their fur. Like they had just got into some fight. Their bodies were all stiff as we walked. Except for the one limping. Looking closely at her leg, I noticed what looked like a bite. I'm pretty sure that part of her leg was missing.

Once we got to the pack house, Jesse shifted and pulled on shorts before handing each of us a shirt. Then he disappeared into the house. I looked at the girls who turned around to face me. They were all really short. And that's saying something coming from me.

The tallest girl was about my height, but she looked like the youngest with brown hair and brown eyes. The other girls were both blonde. The one with longer hair had green eyes, and the other one had blue eyes. Scanning over their bodies, I noticed that they were very dirty- covered in mud. Green-eyed blondie was the one that had a huge bite on her calf.

"Audrey" a voice called out. Moving my gaze behind the girls, I saw Stewart standing on the porch. "Who are these girls?" he questioned.

Shrugging, I looked at the girls for an answer. "Uh..." the blue-eyed blonde one said. "I'm Samantha. That's Veronica-" she said, pointing at the other blonde girl. "And that's Emily" she pointed at the girl with brown hair.

I nodded my head. "You crossed onto Midnight Howler Territory" I informed them.

Whimpering, they bowed their heads. "We weren't paying attention. Please don't kill us" Emily begged.

Frowning, I looked at Stewart who just shrugged. "We won't hurt you" I assured them. "Let's just get you guys cleaned up, then you'll have to answer a few questions" they nodded in agreement and I led them into the pack house. "Please mind-link the doctor to meet us upstairs" I told Stewart.

After receiving a nod from him, we made our way upstairs. I wasn't worried about the girls. They didn't look like they could hurt anyone. Emily was walking alongside Veronica, helping her up the stairs. Samantha kinda trudged behind them. Her body was trembling. "Hey. Are you okay?" I asked softly.

She nodded. "Who was that guy that was with you?" she blurted.

"The Beta. He's not gonna hurt you guys" I informed her. She nodded as we got to the floor, where the doctor was waiting for us. "Hi. These girls need to get cleaned up and maybe a few stitches" the doctor quickly nodded her head as she ushered them into a room. "Thank you so much. I'll be right back with some clothes" I stated.

Walking out the room, I went to the guestroom that held all my stuff. I grabbed an outfit for each of the girls and changed into my own clothes instead of walking around in a large t-shirt. In record time, I got back to the room.

Veronica had a gauze wrapped to her leg and a few bandages scattered around her body. Emily didn't look that bad, just a couple of bandages on her arms. Samantha, however, was getting gauze taped to the side of her stomach- which had an extremely large gash. How did I not notice that? Frowning, I handed the girls their outfits and they quickly got changed.

Suddenly, the door was burst open by no one other than my Alpha mate. What if they were still changing?! "Rogues!" he growled.

The girls all shrieked and their hands moved up to cover their faces in defense. I growled at my mate. "This is Thomas, the future Alpha of the Midnight Howlers. He won't hurt you or else he's gonna have to deal with an angry mate" I stated. Thomas immediately relaxed his angry expression and nodded his head in understanding. "Now, I'm gonna talk to the girls; and you're gonna go back to whatever the hell you were doing" I demanded.