Chapter 27

Audrey

"How would that even work?" Naomi blurted. "We don't have those paper certificate things like humans. We don't sign over rights. I'm pretty sure that werewolves don't do that stuff either. How on earth would a werewolf adopt a witch?" she questioned.

Dave fidgeted, becoming anxious since she didn't give her consent. "I-I haven't worked out all the stuff yet. I- uh. I figured th-that we could just- um..."

"He just wants your blessing. I think that this would be really good for Riley. She would have a definite guardian. And he already cares so much about her" I told her, cutting off my nervous speaking brother.

Naomi nodded her head and stood up. She was only an inch above Dave, seeing as he was sitting down. For an older woman, she looked very intimidating. And Dave looked intimidated. "Just the fact that you asked proves that you're a good guy. You're only twice Riley's age, but you would still be a great stand-in father, guardian, whatever you wanna call it" she stated. "So yes. You have my 'blessing'" she used hand quotes on the last word.

I squealed as Dave shot up from the couch and engulfed her in a large hug. It's admirable how excited he is about adopting Riley. Most people wouldn't think about starting a family at our age. He's mateless, young, and a Prince. Most guys in his position would be using their status as a way to get girls. Dave is technically getting a girl. He's getting a daughter. Not by accident. He clearly wants to be her parent/guardian. It's an exquisite situation.

Naomi awkwardly patted Dave's back and mouthed 'help me' over his shoulder. Chuckling, I pried my brother off of the poor woman. "Okay. Get lost, you two" Naomi said with a hint of humor in her voice. "You don't wanna be late for your own birthday party" she reminded us.

Yup. It was finally the day for us to have our birthday celebration. We convinced Thomas, Ryan, and our dad to call all the packs to set everything up. I had to talk to a few of them, who wanted to hear the voice of the 'lost and found daughter'. I also spoke to my aunt- Dad's sister. Actually, I wouldn't classify it as speaking to her. She mostly cried and I just mumbled random sentences. It's kinda weird to meet your aunt on the phone.

But she's coming to the party, so I get to meet her in person. "Oh! I can I dress up Riley?" I asked, giving Dave the puppy dog face.

He laughed and patted the top of my head. "The bathroom is that way, sis" he pointed towards the doorway. Rolling my eyes, I shoved his shoulder. I wonder if I actually look constipated when I do that face. "You can dress her up. Just make sure she showers" Dave stated.

I squealed as Gar entered the room. She was laughing while she leaned against Dave. "Riley doesn't wear a bra by the way" she said. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion when Dave tsked our sister. "You don't want to know" she shook her head at me.

I slowly nodded my head before skipping out the room. "Riley!" I sang loudly, walking in the hallway. I hear a door open before Riley popped her head out. Laying her eyes on me, she sprinted towards me and ran into my legs. "Dave said that I can help you get ready for our party" I said excitedly.

She pulled away, looking up at me with her innocent brown eyes. "Can I wear a pretty blue dress?" Riley asked, intertwining her hands and jutting out her bottom lip. Chuckling, I nodded my head. She did a little victory dance in the middle of the hallway.

Smiling, I poked her side, interrupting her dance after a few minutes. "Come on. We have to get ready now" I told her. She nodded and followed me to my bedroom. Yesterday, I went shopping again. I got more clothes and stocked up my wardrobe. I also got more clothes for Riley. Most of them are in a room that is next to Dave's. But I keep some outfits in my bedroom- which is just down the hall. "You can shower in here, and I'll shower in another room" I instructed. She nodded, walking into my bathroom.