Chapter 1

Audrey

A bucket of ice cold water was dumped on me, waking me from my peaceful sleep. "Dad!" I shouted. He chuckled before snapping a picture of me. God, no. I jumped up to grab the camera, but he dodged me and ran down the stairs. I chased after him, and ended up in the kitchen.

"Happy birthday!" people shouted. I gripped my father's shirt and pulled him in front of me to hide myself. He just had to make me look like crap.

Dad chuckled at me. I peeked out from behind him. "Thank you, everyone" I said before booking it. I ran back to my bedroom and closed the door. My gaze landed on my soaking we bedsheets. Now I have to wash those and get a new mattress. I groaned before grabbing a towel and going to the bathroom.

'Happy birthday, Audrey' my wolf, Casey, told me. I smiled and thanked her. Casey and I get along relatively well. She never fights me for control, unless we're in immediate danger. She's pretty cool. 'Get these clothes off of us' Casey whined.

Laughing, I peeled off my soaked clothes and threw them on the ground. They made a weird squishy noise. "Gross" I muttered before hopping in the shower. After my quick shower, I changed into my white pants and my favorite blue shirt. I towel-dried my hair and ran my brush through it to get out the knots.

I stood in front of the mirror and admired my hair. Honestly, my favorite part of my appearance is my hair. My hair is long, naturally straight, and dark-colored. I have the same hair color as my dad. It is one of his characteristics I inherited. Unfortunately, I share the same skin tone and eye color with the monster who gave birth to me. I would rather have my father's hazel eyes.

Sighing, I shook the thoughts of my egg donor out of my head. That's what I call my mother. It's the same concept as having a 'sperm donor,' usually the father is the bad guy, but not in my case. My egg donor was never my mother. She just handed me over to my dad and kept her other two children. "No. I'm not gonna think about her on my birthday" I scolded myself.

"Audrey Bay Reynolds!" Keith shouted. We're still best friends after almost ten years. The only thing that changed is now he lives in our little pack house. I smiled before making myself invisible. I've mastered my powers over the years, and I learned a lot of spells. I watched as Keith came into my room and glanced around. "I know you're here. Stop hiding!" he huffed. "I can sense you"

We are magically bonded. We're kinda like mates. We can feel when the other person is near. We can feel each other's pain. We can feel each other's emotions. However, we're not mates. But we're still really close.

I walked behind him. "Is Keith sad?" I whispered by his ear. He spun around, but I ran before he could touch me.

Keith rolled his eyes. "That's cheating. You can't be invisible" he complained. I smiled, but didn't stop the spell. Keith sighed. "Well, since I can't see you; I guess I can't give you your present" he said dramatically.

Quickly dropping the spell, I ran up to him. "What'd you get me?" I asked.

"Happy 18th birthday, Bay" Keith said as he hugged me. A lot of people call me Bay, since my first name is kinda long.

I hugged him back before remembering the present. "Where is it?" I questioned. Keith rolled his eyes at me before pulling out his car keys. He told me that he was too lazy to get it out his trunk. I rolled my eyes as we walked out the pack house. A few people passed me and wished me a happy birthday.

Everyone knows everyone's birthday here. We're one big family. We always fight, but we make up. I opened the trunk to Keith's car and saw a guitar case. I quickly pulled it out before closing the trunk and putting it on top. Excitedly, I popped open the case. He got me a guitar! "Thank you, so much!" I squealed.