Chapter 11

Audrey

I woke up with a tingly arm. Not from my mate. Definitely not from him. I slept on it, so it's tingly. I lifted my head up from Keith's bed and rubbed my eyes. "Morning, loser" I greeted him. Just like yesterday morning, I got no response.

But I didn't let that ruin my day. Gardenia and Eve have locked me inside of Keith's room. I'm not allowed to leave because they have a surprise for me. I have no idea what it is, but I'm completely fine with staying with Keith. Jesse or Sam are supposed to bring me food, every once in a while. Hopefully, they don't forget about me.

"Breakfast!" speak of the devils and they shall appear. Jesse and Sam walked, each holding a tray. Jesse had a tray with a mug and one glass of orange juice. I'm surprised he made it up the stairs. Sam's tray had a plate of pancakes. I couldn't help but frown a little.

It was nice of them to bring me food. But I absolutely hate pancakes. Waffles are the best way to go. "What's with the long face?" Jesse asked as he put the tray down on the nightstand. Sam put his tray down next to the other one.

I shook my head and mustered up a smile. Sam sighed. "You have the worst fake smile ever" he informed me. "So what's up?" he asked, intrigued.

Shrugging, I took the mug of coffee that Jesse handed me. "Honestly, I'm disappointed in your breakfast choice" I stated. They looked at me questionably. "I'm not really a pancake fan" I said sheepishly.

Of course Jesse gasps dramatically. "Alright. We need a doctor in here because something is obviously wrong with you!" he exclaimed.

Sam rolled his eyes and slapped the back of his friend's head. "Dumb ass" he mumbled. "Well, what would you like to eat then?" he asked kindly.

"I eat waffles" I told them. The look on Jesse's face told me that he was about to argue about them being the same thing- which they're not! "Waffles are so much better than pancakes. Waffles are sweeter. And they have those squares, so syrup can just fill up the little holes" I informed him.

Jesse's eyebrows furrowed together. "You're weird" he said slowly. I huffed and jutted my bottom lip out as a pout. "I'll go get you waffles" Jesse grumbled. I smiled and gave him a quick hug as a thanks.

Sam gave me back my coffee that I handed him, so I could hug Jesse. "So" he dragged out the 'o'. I raised an eyebrow at him while sipping on the warm beverage. "Is he getting better?" he asked hesitantly.

I sighed as I glanced at Keith. "Not really" I said quietly. "The only progress he made was being taken off the blood bag" the doctor told me that he's completely healed. He should wake up either today or tomorrow; however, I'm still doubtful.

Sam gently rubbed my back for support as I willed myself not to cry. "Thomas really didn't know. I'm positive he regrets it. That was the first time in a year he's ever used that room. He used to hate all of those weapons. Trust me, he wouldn't have done anything if he actually knew that Keith wasn't a threat. He's so sor-"

"I know" I cut him off. "I know that he feels guilty; I know that he did it to protect me. But it's hard not to be mad" I said softly. Sure, he didn't know that Keith and I are like siblings; but it's just so complicated.

I love Keith. He's like my protective older brother. Except I'm older than him by a couple of months. Which is why it's so hard to forgive my mate, since its his fault. But I have feelings for Thomas. I wouldn't say that I'm in love with him because that's not true. I barely know him. However, I don't hate him. I don't know how I feel about Thomas. This whole mate thing just attracts me to him, so I don't know if what I feel is actually real or if its just the mate bond.