Chapter 6

Audrey

Stewart knitted his eyebrows together in confusion. "Anthony Reynolds?" he asked slowly. I nodded in confirmation. "Anthony Reynolds is not your father" he said matter-of-factly.

I bit my tongue to stop myself from snapping at the man. I know who my father is! "Look, I don't need someone to tell me who my family is" I stated calmly. "I just want to go home"

With a frown on his face, Stewart reluctantly agreed. "Sam and Jesse will escort you to the castle" he informed me. I quickly shook my head in defiance. "I understand that you and Jesse didn't get off on a good start, but-"

"Jesse isn't the problem" I assured him. "I'm not going to the castle. That place is not my home" I declared.

Stewart sighed. "Where do you plan on going?" he questioned.

I scoffed. Does he think I'm an idiot? "Like I would tell you" I said sarcastically. "You're probably gonna call the egg donor" I snapped.

Both men stared at me. "Who's the egg donor?" Sam asked slowly.

I guess I should've used her name. "The Queen" I stated. Stewart opened his mouth to comment, but I cut him off. "That woman is not my mother. We may share the same DNA, but she's not my mom" I clarified.

Sam watched me with a thoughtful expression as his Alpha motioned for me to sit. Well, it's not like they're gonna let me leave anytime soon. I plopped down in the chair across from the Alpha's desk chair. "Why do you deny Queen Genevieve as your mother?" Stewart inquired.

"I can't deny her of being something that she never was" I stated. "Your 'Queen' was never a mother to me in my whole 18 years. I'm not gonna have her come into my life and start to play a real mom. I don't need nor want her as a mother"

Stewart frowned at my words, whilst Sam just looked pissed off. I guess he's really loyal to his Queen? The Alpha leaned forward and rested his elbows on his desk. "She has always been your mother" Stewart said softly.

Always been my mother? She fucking gave me away! I didn't get any birthday wishes. She missed my first day of school. Not once did she even call to see if I was alive! I'm not a mom, so correct me if I'm wrong; but aren't mothers supposed to love their kids. Aren't mothers supposed to hold their children and never want to let go. Shouldn't mothers actually-

"The Royals never stopped looking for you" Stewart's voice pulled me from my mental rant. Looking for me? "They had every pack on the look-out for you" he told me.

Every pack was looking for me? The egg donor was looking for me? "This doesn't even make sense!" I exclaimed. "She can't just give me away and just make everyone look for me! She just sent everyone on a wild goose chase!" I knew that she was mean, but I didn't know to what extent. She wasted everyone's time by making them look for me.

Why? Why would she have people search for me if she knew I was with Dad? Why would she give me to my father, but look for me afterwards? Was it like a game of hide-and-seek for her? How cruel can she get?

They were frozen after my little outburst. Stewart was the first one to speak. "Give you away?" he questioned. "What do you mean she gave you away?"

Sighing, I ran a hand through my dark hair. "Look, I don't know what she told everyone. But whatever it was, it's a bunch of bull shit" I deadpanned. "She gave me to my father four days after I was born"

Stewart openly gaped at me, looking confused as hell. Sam looked more collected; like he was processing the new information. "Audrey, who told you that?" Sam inquired.

"My father" I replied instantly. I remember him telling me; but afterwards, he would assure me that nothing was wrong with me. I always had it implanted in my head that it was somehow my fault that the egg donor didn't want me. Dad made me feel better after I blamed myself.