Chapter 19

Audrey

Em and I returned to the pack house a few hours later- and by 'a few', I mean five hours and approximately 35 minutes. We glanced in the back seat where all of our bags laid. There was a shitload of bags. We walked into almost every store. We both needed a new wardrobe since I didn't get all of my clothes from my old house and she didn't have any clothes at all. We didn't even spend that much. I'm not sure how much we spent exactly, but I'm positive that its less than five hundred dollars. "I don't wanna carry all of this" Em complained.

I nodded in agreement. We would either have to have our arms covered in bags or take more than five trips to the pack house and back to the car. "Let's just go inside, then I'll have Thomas bring all the bags in" I suggested. She quickly complied. We both closed our doors and walked towards the house.

Right when I opened the door, I was hit with shouting. Instantly, I knew it was Thomas. Walking towards the sound of his voice, I got to the upstairs loft. "Hey. What's going on?" I questioned.

Thomas' head snapped towards mine along with Stewart's. "Thank God, you're alright" Thomas sighed in relief as he pulled me into him. Slowly, I started to hug him back. "I was so worried. And you had your wall up. And no one knew where you were" he ranted.

Pulling away from him, I gestured to Em who followed me inside the loft. "I went shopping with Em. Here's your card back" I pulled the card out of my pocket and handed it to Thomas. He raised an eyebrow as he slid it into his pocket. "I pick-pocketed you" I said shamelessly. I actually think it's a skill worth boasting over.

My mate chuckled as he shook his head at me. "You could've just asked" he informed me.

I scoffed. "What's the fun it that?" I questioned. Pick-pocketing is much more fun than asking for something. It might not be legal, but its fun. "So, what's with all the worrying?" I inquired.

"You didn't tell anyone that you were leaving. And I couldn't mind-link you because you have your wall up" Thomas stated.

A frown made its way onto my face. "I'm sorry. I didn't know" I muttered. I'm a horrible werewolf. I can't even tell when I have my mental wall up. I don't know how to mind-link. I'm practically a human that's really fast and really strong, has really good eyesight, sensitive hearing, and good sense of smell.

Thomas sighed and kissed my forehead. "It's fine. All that matters is that you're okay" he whispered. "But you should really put your wall down" he suggested.

I nodded. "I should. But there's one teeny-tiny problem" I confessed. My mate gave me a look that told me to continue. "I don't know how" I said sheepishly.

Thomas nodded in understanding. "Didn't you learn how to as a kid?" Steward questioned. Honestly, I forgot he was still here. I shook my head in response. Obviously, my childhood wasn't normal. I didn't even know that I was kidnapped. Plus, I lived with a bunch of rogues and witches. Not something that usually happens to werewolves.

Stewart replied with a small 'oh'. Thomas gave me a small smile. "I can teach you. I'm taking a break from work; so I have some time" he informed me.

I really wanted to say yes. It would give us some bonding time or whatever, and I really want to learn. However, Em would be alone without anything to do. I glanced back at her, noticing that she was staring at the ground. "Maybe some other time. Em and I have some bonding to do" I said with a smile on my face.

Em looked up from the ground and gave me a smile. "You really don't-"

"We're gonna be somewhere that there's a T.V. and no touchy mates" I joked. Thomas let out a small chuckle. "Oh, yeah. Can you do me a huge favor? Get the bags from the car and put them in your bedroom, please. There's just a few" I told him. I gave him a pleading look that made him immediately comply.