Chapter 36

Audrey

Thomas went to shower after we finished breakfast. I lost at rock, paper, scissors; resulting in me being the one to wait for room service. I knew I should've picked paper instead of scissors. Of course he would pick rock.

I shook my head at myself. "I'm mad at myself for losing a kid's game" I chuckled, plopping onto the couch. Remembering that the worker felt uncomfortable, I went to the room and slipped on pants before returning back to the couch. As I got comfortable, there was a knock on the door. "Damn. Horrible timing" I muttered, standing up.

The same worker from earlier was standing at the door. "Hello again, Mrs. Laney" he greeted me. I smiled, waving him inside. "I hope breakfast was to your liking" he said while moving to the cart of dirty dishes. I nodded my head and pulled a few billed out of my wallet. "Oh. I can't take this. Mr. Laney is a cherished customer. No need for that" the worker stated.

I thrusted it towards him. "This money isn't from Mr. Laney. It is from me. And I insist you take it. Or you will be going against the wants of a cherished customer's guest" I threatened. He lightly chuckled at me, hesitantly taking the money.

He started pushing the cart out again. "Have a good day, Mrs. Laney" he said kindly.

"You too" I closed and locked the door. "Oh, shit!" I exclaimed, seeing my mate standing behind me. "You scared me!" I scolded him, taking deep breaths.

Thomas smiled and pulled me closer to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist, but didn't pull me into his chest. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Laney" my mate said with an innocent smile. I rolled my eyes, loosely wrapping my arms around his neck. "The shower is available for you, Mrs. Laney" he stated.

I moved away from him to go shower. "Mrs. Laney" he muttered, making me stop in my tracks. "Has a nice ring to it" he mumbled. I didn't know if he knew that I heard him. But I played it off as I didn't hear. I continued walking to the shower then hopped in.

Mrs? That implies being a wife- which implies getting married- which implies long term commitment- which actually scares me a little. I really love Thomas. But marriage? At 18? Last night we were just talking about how I want to reconnect with everyone and figure out all this stuff involving Keith. Putting a marriage on top of that, my life would be crazy. I just don't want to be a bad wife trying to manage all this stuff. Marriage is a serious thing. If- When we get married, I want to put my all into it. I want to do it right. I want it to be as perfect as possible.

Not to mention the fact that the whole mating process is usually completed before marriage. I'm not marked. Thomas isn't marked. Maybe it's time to speed things up. Maybe we should-

"Audrey?" Thomas called out. "You've been in there for almost half an hour" he informed me.

I wiped the water off of my face before responding. "Yeah. I'll be out in a sec!" I shouted back. After washing the soap out of my hair, I turned off the water and wrapped my hair in a towel. I actually hesitated grabbing the other towel. Walking into the bedroom nude would definitely start something, but my concern was if I would be able to finish that something.

Shaking my head, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked into the bedroom. I slipped on the clothes I bought before walking out of the bedroom. Thomas was sitting on the couch, texting on his phone. "So I was thinking" I started.

"No way!" Thomas exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at him and slapped his chest. "I'm kidding. Continue" he urged, pulling me onto his lap.

I chewed on my lip, thinking of a way to tell him about my shower thoughts. "You know how you said that Mrs. Laney has a nice ring to it?" I asked, hesitantly.