Chapter 46

*about 2 years later*

Harry POV:

I open the door to my house and step inside. "Teddy! Ginny! I'm home!"

"Harry!" Teddy yells running over to me and jumping into my arms.

I drop my briefcase and pick him up. "Hey bud! Where's Ginny?"

"In the kitchen love." Ginny calls.

I bend down to pick up my briefcase and walk into the kitchen. I set both Teddy and my case on the table. I walk over to Ginny and wrap my arms around her waist. "Hello love."

She giggles as I kiss her neck. "Harry, stop it."

I peck her lips and step away. "How were try outs? I heard you throwing up this morning, I wasn't sure if you called in sick or something."

Ginny shakes her head. "I didn't go today."

I frown. "Why?"

She shrugs. "I thought that I would take a year off."

I look at her skeptically. "Ginny Weasley and take a year off from Quidditch don't go in the same sentence."

She looks over at me. "I'm Ginny Potter, now."

I sigh. "It works with Ginny Potter too. Why are you taking a year off."

She giggles and looks back at the pot of sauce. "It would be quite hard to fly on the broom with a big 9-month baby belly, Harry."

I laugh and I look down at my lap. "Well yeah it would be but what does the have to do with..." My head snaps up. "Ginny? What are-what are you saying?"

She turns sideways and lifts her shirt slightly. "I'm already starting to show."

I stand up from my chair and I run over to her. Our arms wrap around each other. "Oh my god." I say. "You're-you're pregnant?"

She nods. "I was talking to mum and she told me to go to the healers and... surprise?"

I pick her up and spin her around. I burry my face into her neck. "This is amazing, Ginny. Amazing."

She laughs. "Well I'm glad you think so. Because I have an appointment in three days, would you like to come? We are going to hear the baby's heart beat."

I nod eagerly, "of course I want to come!"

Teddy stands up on the counter and walks over to us. "What happening?"

I pick up Teddy and set him on my hip. "Ted, do you remember when Victorie's mummy's tummy was big?" He nods. "And when Fred's mummy's tummy was big?" Again, he nods. "Well, it's because they had a baby growing in their tummy."

"And," Ginny says taking Teddy out of my arms and taking her into his arms, "now my tummy is going to get big because a baby is growing in my tummy."

Teddy frowns and looks down at her stomach. "It not big."

Ginny laughs and hands him back to me. "He's getting too heavy for me. And no Teddy my stomach isn't big yet but it will be."

I set Teddy in a chair and start to serve him spaghetti. "Remember to cut the noodles for him, Harry." Ginny says putting the pasta onto a plate for me and her.

"So I was thinking," Ginny says taking a sip of water, "that we could have everyone over next week and we could tell them about the baby?"

I nod, "yeah, that sounds great. What do you want to cook? I can help."

She shrugs. "Not sure, let's decide next week to see what I can keep down." She pushes her food around the plate. "I'll be seeing this again in the morning."

I set my hand on hers and squeeze. "It'll be worth it in the end, love."

She nods. "I'm hungry but everything I see makes me want to throw up."

I brush a hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry love."

. . .

*next week*

"And," the healer says, her wand traveling over Ginny's stomach. (I have no clue how it works in the wizarding world so...) "here is the baby's heartbeat."

Ginny squeezes my hand, "oh my god, Harry."

I laugh and kiss her cheek. "I know, Gin. I hear it."

The healer smiles. "Your baby is completely healthy, Mr. and Mrs. Potter. We won't be able to see the gender for another two months or so but I want you to come back in next month." She looks at us. "Do you want to see the baby?"

. . .

"Hello?" Mrs. Weasley's voice echos throughout our house. "Ginny? Harry?"

"In the kitchen mum!" Ginny yells back at her. "Harry, can you set the table for me?"

I kiss her cheek. "'Course love."

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley walk into the kitchen. "Hello dears." She says.

"Hi mum," Ginny says. "Hi dad."

"We brought wine to have during dinner." Mr. Weasley says.

I smile at him and take the bottle. "Thank you."

. . .

Laughter fills the house as we eat dinner. I look over at Ginny who has a glass of wine to her lips. "Ginny!" I exclaim.

Her eyes widen and look down at the glass. She stands up, runs over to the sink and spits out her wine. She turns on the water and rinses her mouth. When she turns around she smiles weekly. "Uh... Harry and I have something to tell you all." She walks over to me and sets her hand on my shoulder.

I smile at her, "this wasn't exactly the way we wanted you to find out but..."

"I'm pregnant." Ginny says setting a hand on her stomach, a smile covers her face. There are gaps and exclamations of words. (That last sentence tho...😁)

The girls of the family run over and hug Ginny, her brothers pat me on the back. Mrs. Weasley hugs me and Gunny tightly. "My baby is having a baby!"

Hermione hugs me, "congratulations, Harry."

I laugh lightly. "Thanks Hermione. Not to far for you, eh?"

She blushes and laughs. "No, I think Rom and I are going to wait a little while longer. My job is just taking off and I don't want to be missing a lot. Besides, Ron and I aren't on the best of terms right now."

I raise my eyebrow, "what does that have to do with..." she raises both of her eyebrows at me. "Oh." I say.

She nods. "Yep. His bed has been the sofa for a few days now."

I laugh, "what did he do?"

She frowns. "That's for him to find out. I don't want you telling him. Excuse me." (Someone want to give me an idea for what Ron did?)

That night I lay in bed with Ginny. "Thank you for catching me drink the wine."

I kiss her bare stomach. "No problem, love." I set my hand on her stomach. "I can't wait to feel it kick."

"Don't call the baby an it Harry." Ginny scolds. "Me too, though. Do you think it's a boy or a girl?"

I shrug. "Not really sure. A girl maybe?"

She nods. "I think boy but I guess we're going to have to wait to find out."

•_•

Did you guys like the chapter?

Sorry it took so long to update but this isn't my only book guys. I have four other books as well. And I have swimming. And I have so much homework. And I'm babysitting a whole bunch.

My life is just stressful.

I hope to update soon!

I love you guys!

Keep calm and fangirl on!

💜Rachel