Chapter 79

*Time lapse - September 1*

Harry's POV:

Teddy clutches my hand tightly while we walk behind Andromeda, Ginny and the boys. We just passed through the wall at 9 3/4 and we're walking towards the train. Teddy's hair keeps changing as we get closer and closer to the train, it started as it's usual blue-teal this morning but its been getting bluer and bluer, sadder and sadder. It turns white (fear) when he sees some of the older students, most of whom don't even notice him but me.

I try to not make eye contact with anyone at the station, I don't want to draw my attention away from Teddy and onto trying to get rid of rude journalists and reporters. Teddy squeezes my hand when he sees the area where everyone is dropping their trunks to be put on the train. His hair is a pale blue, sadness and fear show clearly. "Nanna," he whispers looking at her as she places Teddy's trunk and his new owl, Romulus, next to the pile. 

Andromeda smiles at Teddy and takes his hand, she leads him away from me and Ginny. I pick James up from the ground, where he was tugging at Ginny's jeans wanted to be carried. Al sleeps soundly on Ginny's chest. James grins when he sees that it was me who picked him up, he giggles and grabs at my glasses, I turn my head away from him. "No, no, daddy needs those, bud."

My three year old giggles and wraps his arms around my neck. I turn to face Ginny, she's watching Andromeda as she talks to Teddy. I wrap my free arm around her waist and pull her into me, kissing her cheek and hugging her tightly. "What's wrong, love?"

She shrugs and looks back up at me, "what do I say to him? I wasn't worried about going to Hogwarts, I had my brothers..."

I shrug, "just give him a hug."

Ginny laughs, "that's such a 'you' response Harry. Teddy grew up being hugged, you didn't. I think they do more for you than they do for others, love." She says leaning into my arm wrapped snugly around her waist. "But I'll give it a try and if it doesn't help then I'll..." she trials off, thinking.

I look down at her, "you'll what?"

She snorts, "I'll wing it." I laugh and kiss her temple.

Andromeda gives Teddy one final hug and a kiss and pushes him over towards me and Ginny. He approaches Ginny first, looking up at her his bottom lip trembling. Ginny hands Al to Andromeda and bends down to his height. She ruffles his hair and presses a kiss to his forehead. He wraps his arms around her neck and squeezes her tightly. Ginny looked shocked for a minute but recovers and hugs him back. "You're going to have so much fun, Teddy. I promise. You're going to miss us, but don't think about us too often." She winks at him, "just have fun and give McGonagall a few gray hairs." He giggles and promises to do so.

I hand James over to Ginny and lead Teddy away from them. I bend down in front of him, he wraps his arms around me, and I hug him back. He sniffles into my neck, I pull away and brush the tear away from his cheek. "Hey, come on now. Don't cry. You're going to have the best time at Hogwarts. And you're going to miss us but you're going to make so many friends that you won't even think of us. And maybe when you come home for Christmas Al will be walking, huh?"

Teddy smiles and looks back at his god brothers. "If he does walk will you send me pictures?"

I laugh and take his hands into mine, "of course, love. We'll send so many pictures that you'll ask us to stop." He giggles and hugs me again.

I reach into my pocket and pull the Marauders Map out and show it to him. "Now this is a very special map. This my my dad's," his eyes snap up to look at mine, "and your dad's, and Sirius's and Peter's." I unfold it once and pull out my wand. "This is a map of Hogwarts, all you have to do to get it to work is to touch it with your wand and say 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'."

Teddy gasps when he sees the words appear on the map. "Wow." He whispers.

"I am giving this to you, Teddy." I hand it over to him and he tries to open it. "No. Open it when you get to school, okay?" He nods. "Now to make sure no one can read it just touch it say 'Mischief Managed'." He giggles as the words disappear. "Now don't get in too much trouble, but even your dad got into some trouble. And your mum. As did I." I whisper the last part.

He giggles and tucks the paper into his train bag. "Thank you Harry. I love you." He says hugging me again.

"I love you too." I kiss the side of his head.

When we finish talking, I lead him back over to Andromeda and we take him over to the train. Andromeda kisses his cheek and I kiss the top of his head again. "Go and make some friends alright?" Teddy nods and walks onto the train.

Andromeda and I walk back over to Ginny, James his forcefully pulling on the pant leg of her jeans and Al is starting to get fussy. I take James into my arms and I shush him gently. The clock charms and the train pulls away.

Ginny glances at the clock once the train pulls out of view. "I've got to get to practice, you okay getting the boys home?" She asks.

I take Al into my free arm. "All good."

"See you at supper." Ginny smiles. She starts to walks away but I catch her arm, I pull her back towards me and press my lips to hers. She giggles and kisses me back. "Love you."

I kiss her nose and pull away. "I love you too."

• • •

Teddy's POV:

I climb onto the train and I have to jump back due to a group of older kids that sprint past me. After they pass I lift my train bag onto my shoulder and walk down the isle looking for an open compartment.

I find one and quickly step into it and close the door behind me. I hop into the chair and look out the window. I see Harry and Ginny hugging each other and then the train starts up with a jerk. Harry and Nanna wave goodbye to me and then they disappear out of view.

I take a deep breath and lean back in my seat, watching as the landscape moves quickly by.

•_•

Heeeeeeyyyyy guys...

So my life is CRAZY right now and I need to focus on school but I FINALLY found time to update!

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS!! I REALLY NEED SOME!