Chapter 1

Started: November, 27 2014

ALL RIGHTS TO J.K ROWLING

Edited by: Eugenie1234

Harry's POV:

I did it. Well, sort of. Voldemort was killed by his rebounded curse.

"Harry! Harry!" I hear someone shouting. I turn to see Hermione, Ron and Ginny running towards me. They get to me and engulf me into a hug.

"Harry James Potter! You nearly gave us a heart attack!"

I hear Mrs. Weasley shout as she gives me a bone-crushing hug.

"Gin, can I talk to you in private?" I whisper to her after the rest of the Weasley's hug me. She nods and I take her hand in mine and lead her away from Hogwarts.

"Ginny, I am so sorry about Fred. It was my fault."

"Harry James Potter, Fred's death was not your fault. If it's anyone's fault it's You-Know- I mean Voldemort's fault." she says.

"Ginny, breaking up with you was the stupidest thing I've ever done. I know this is a long shot but will you take me-"

She cuts me off with her lips on mine. I kiss her back, but not after I pull away.

"Was that a yes?" She nods and kisses me again. We kiss and talk for the next hour.

"My family is probably wondering where I am." Ginny says. We head back and find her family around Fred's body. Ginny runs over to them, I'm about to join them, but I pass by Tonks and Remus. Suddenly, it hits me. Teddy. Although I'm his godfather, I don't know if that means I am going to raise him, or if his grandmother will. I'll have to visit them tomorrow, as the news of Tonks and Remus's death is still new to her.

"Harry m'boy, you are coming back to The Burrow with us." Mr. Weasley says.

"Hermione too." I nod. We apparate to The Burrow and we all head up to bed.

"Mum, can Harry stay in my room, and Hermione in Ron's?" Ginny asks, and Mrs. Weasley just nods. Ginny takes my hand and we go upstairs. I notice how quiet it is. It feels wrong not to have any noise in the Burrow.

"Gin, would you come with me tomorrow to Andromeda's, to talk about Teddy?" I ask her.

"Yes, of course. May I ask why you want me to come with you?"

"I might become his legal guardian and that decision will affect you greatly." I explain. At first her face shows confusion, but then she understands and smiles, her smile melting my heart.

"Let's go to bed love." She nods and we climb into bed. I hear her crying softly.

"Ginny, you can cry, it's just me here. You can cry as much or as little as you want." She starts to sob into my chest. I stroke her hair and we stay like that until  her breaths become even and I fall asleep as well.

***

I wake up with Ginny in my arms. I can tell that she's awake.

  "How long have you been awake, Gin?"

"Not too long, I just didn't want to wake you, and it's warm here, so I didn't want to get up." She smiles up at me.

"Will you still come with me to talk about Teddy?" I ask her. She nods against my chest.

"Ginny?"

"Yes Harry?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Harry." she whispers. We kiss until the door slams open, and we jump apart.