Saturday, September 9

MACI POV
"Hey Levi." I said as I poked my head in his door.

He mumbled something as he wiggled his way into a white v-neck shirt. His jeans were still unbuttoned exposing a pair of green boxers.

"Jackie invited me to the mall." I continued just as his head finally popped through the neck hole.

"I'll go with you." He stated, finally getting to buttoning his jeans and grabbing a belt from off his floor.

"It's okay, you don't have to." I stepped into his room, taking a seat in his computer chair. I kicked off the base, sending myself spinning in circles.

He disappeared into his closet, grunting and groaning as he tripped over things. He was a typical guy when it came to his room. It was in a constant state of mess. He emerged a few minutes later, a pair of shoes in hand.

"Macin." I rolled my eyes when my back was facing him, "I'll go with you."

I sighed, "Okay let me text Jackie."

I knew there was no point in fighting, he always got me to cave. I whipped my phone out of my pocket, bringing myself to an abrupt halt. I hit the send button and set it down on the desk beside me, waiting. My phone buzzed a moment later, the text saying that it was fine if Levi came with us. I had a feeling Jackie wouldn't protest his company considering she couldn't help herself from drooling when he was around.

"When are we going then?" Levi asked, as he jammed his phone and wallet into their respective pockets.

"Whenever you're ready." I said, grabbing my phone and heading downstairs. I turned the corner into the kitchen, seeing my dad. "Hey daddy."

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he sat in a stool at the counter, a newspaper in hand. He had been working a ton ever since we moved so the only time Levi and I got to see him was when he got in from work during the week, which lately had been late, or on the weekends. I understood why his absence happened but I missed the days when we lived in Florida and dad would take a day off and we'd all to go the beach. He got home at the same time everyday, he wasn't as tired or stressed, and he was always up for some sort of outing. Now we were lucky if he had enough energy to go out for dinner. Though I suppose that happens when you're the head of a major corporation.

"Hey baby." He set the newspaper down, placing his hand on my arms as I continued to hug him. "Are you going out?"

I nodded my head, finally releasing him. "Levi and I are going to the mall with my friend from school."

"Good." He smiled, the skin in the corners of his eyes wrinkled.

I glanced up the staircase as Levi came thundering down. He gave my dad a quick hug, before heading into the cupboards for some food. He emerged a moment later with a muffin hanging partially out of his mouth and two breakfast bars. I watched as my dad chuckled softly at Levi, and Levi gave him the 'what'd I do' look accompanied with a shrug.

"Ready sis?" Levi said between mouthfuls.

I nodded my head, hugging my dad once more before grabbing my purse and slipping a pair of gray converses on.

"Levi." My dad said right as we were about to shut the door behind us. "Don't forget to let your sister breathe."

Levi mumbled something under his breath, trying to usher me out the door quicker. I smiled as my dad gave me a wink right before Levi slammed the door to the house. I hopped in the car that Levi and I shared, though I hardly ever drove. In Florida we had an Audi A4 convertible, but once dad found out we were moving to Michigan, he traded it in. Now we had a Subaru Forester. I pulled my seat belt across my chest buckling it as Levi pulled out of the driveway.