Friday, September 29

MACI POV

                "Ah I'm so excited!" Jackie squealed as we sat in the backseat of my mom's car.  "Thank you so much Mrs. Cole!"

                My mom chuckled, I could see her smile through the rearview mirror.  "Of course. And I told you to call me Tracy."

                "Sorry." Jackie blushed. "I think we should go to the department stores.  They sometimes have really cute dresses.  If we don't find anything there, well actually regardless if we find a dress there we like we still should go look at the other places.  Oh my gosh, like Jessica McClintock, I love her dresses!"  Jackie rambled, bouncing in the seat slightly as she went on and on about dresses.

                I shook my head, smiling, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when we made plans for this.

                "I think I want a green dress, wait no I'd look too much like Poison Ivy.  Maybe I should just stick with black.  But black is sooo boring, oh I know!  Turquoise it's a proven fact that red heads look bomb in turquoise." 

                Jackie continued to talk as my mom parked the car in the mall parking lot.  We all got out of the car, Jackie still talking.  I wasn't sure if my mom was listening but I knew I wasn't.  I couldn't help it, my mind was elsewhere.  I had to get two dresses.  One for the dance and one for the wedding.  I was slowly becoming a nervous wreck about the wedding.  Originally I thought Jared had just asked me as friends, but after I talked with Levi, even though Levi hadn't even asked if there were any feelings between Jared and I, I was starting to wonder if it was more of a date date rather then just a friend date.  I couldn't decide if I was excited about it or scared for lack of a better word.  I hadn't really even thought of Jared as more than an annoyance until he apologized and then showed up at my house.  But I was beginning to notice how comfortable I was around him.  Then there was Skylar.  I was still trying to decide when would be the best time to ask him about Jared.  I'm not sure why I needed to know so badly but I did.  The thought of the two of them as friends could barely even form in my head, they were like polar opposites. 

                "Maci, where are you going?" I snapped my head around looking for Jackie and my mom.  They were several feet behind me, smiles plastered across their faces as they watched me.

                "I didn't know you stopped." I said, retreating back to them.

                "Well that's not surprising your heads been in the clouds all day."  Jackie said, grabbing my hand.  "Come let's shop!"

                She dragged me into the first department store we saw, instantly navigating her way to the dresses.  My mom followed behind us, I could hear her heels clicking on the tile floor.  Jackie let me go as soon as the dresses were in sight.  She let out a small squeal as she immersed herself between the racks. 

                "She's crazy." I said turning to my mom.

I was completely overwhelmed by this.  I didn't dislike shopping for dresses but it made me extremely nervous.  I was always positive there would be something better in the next store which made it impossible to pick a dress.

I felt my mom wrap her arm around me.  "So what kind of dress are you thinking of?"

I shrugged my shoulders, sighing heavily.  "I have no idea."

"Well we should get in there, looks like Jackie already has four dresses to try." My mom said laughing as we saw Jackie yanking yet another dress off the rack.