Wednesday, September 13

MACI POV
I slumped down into the bar stool a yawn escaping my lips.  I rubbed my eyes with my hands, completely forgetting about the small amount of make-up I had on. One full week of school and I still hadn't adjusted to waking up early. 

                "Morning mom." I muttered, as I closed my eyes and rested my head in my hand.

                "Good morning Macin." She said sliding a bowl of cereal in front of me.  "Are you feeling okay?"

                She placed her hand on my forehead for a minute before moving her hand down to my chin where she pivoted my head to either side.  I raised my eyebrows as she pinched my face, causing my cheeks to bunch up. 

                "You don't have a fever." She finally stated, going back to the box of cereal to pour Levi a bowl when he finally showed.

                "I feel fine mom." I slid the bowl closer, swishing the cereal around with the spoon.  "I'm just tired is all."

                I glanced up the stairs as the familiar sound of pounding feet came tumbling down.  I wasn't hungry at all, but I knew Levi would throw a fit if I didn't show interest in my food.  I jammed a mouthful of cereal in, mumbling hello as he gave mom a kiss on the cheek in return for his breakfast. 

                "Are you guys busy tonight?" Mom said, wiping down the countertop as she spoke.  Levi shook his head no as he inhaled his cereal.  "I thought we should take dad out."

                I stood from the bar stool, as Levi and mom started talking about plans for tonight.  I took the opportunity to pitch the remainder of my cereal without their attention.  It wasn't like I didn't want to eat; my appetite had just slowly diminished shortly before school started.  I was blaming it on stress. 

                "So what do you think Macin?" My mom said snapping me back into the conversation.  "Dinner and a movie?"

                "Yeah that sounds great." I said, giving her a kiss as Levi snatched his keys from off the counter.  "Bye mom, love you."

                "Love you too guys, be careful." She called after us as we hurried out the door.
---------
                I shoved my way through the hallway at school, a little more than eager to get to my first hour.  Ever since the mall incident with Levi and Skylar I had been dying to apologize to him.  He hadn't been in class Monday or Tuesday but I was praying he would be there today. 

                "Maci, wait up." Levi called as he tried to keep pace with me.  "What's the rush?"

                "N..Nothing.  I just really like this class." I blurted as the blood rushed to my cheeks.  "It's creative writing, you know me."

                Levi chuckled as we came to a halt outside the door.  I gave him a quick hug and kiss before nearly running into the classroom.  I took my normal seat, pulling out my notebook as usual.  I opened to the page where I had restarted my essay.  The page was completely and utterly blank and the worst part the rough draft was due next week.  I groaned quietly to myself, maybe I should go back to my original idea.  My eyes shot to the door as someone walked in.  I instantly smiled, seeing those gorgeous blue eyes staring back at me.  I lifted my hand, waving slightly, he returned the gesture with a small smile.  I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't flash his normal toothy grin, was he mad?

                "Hey." I said, readjusting myself in the chair so I could face him better as he sat down.

                "Hey." He returned dropping his stuff on the desk.