Friday, September 22

"Love you Levi." I said as I planted a kiss on his cheek before running into my first hour.

I walked to my seat, dropping my notebook on the desk.  I still hadn't decided what I was going to write about.  I had continued with the topic of my cancer but I was leery about handing it in.  I flipped open to the page I had been working on, reading the first few pages I had written.  I was pleased with it so far and I had a feeling in the end I would just turn it in, especially because Mrs. Chilson had agreed to being the only one that would see it. 

"Hey girly!" Jackie yelled as soon as she stepped into the classroom.  "I'm so excited for tonight!"

She dropped her things down on the desk, sitting so she was facing me.  She had her red hair pulled to the side in a loose braid, her hazel eyes popping against the dark makeup she had on. 

"Me too!" I shouted unable to hold back my enthusiasm. 

"How'd you get Levi to let you go without him?" She asked, leaning on my desk.

"He's coming too, and he's bringing Greg." I stated, rolling my eyes as Jackie's eyes lit up.

A smile spread across her face, and I could already see the wheels turning.  She had a growing crush on both Greg and Levi.  Well maybe I'd say a growing crush on Levi and an infatuation with Greg.  Her eyes darting to the front of the classroom, a smile spread on her face as she jerked her head for me to look.  I glanced up as Skylar came strutting down the small aisle between the rows of desks.  His smile grew as our eyes locked. 

"Morning." He said as he sat down next to me.  "Are you still coming tonight?"

I nodded my head, afraid to open my mouth.  I didn't think my voice was going to be reliable; I was so excited for the concert.  Well I was so excited to see Skylar at the concert. 

"What about you Jackie?  You coming too?"  He asked, peering around me slightly.

Jackie smiled, "Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"The guys will be so jealous." Skylar said, adjusting in his desk. 

I glanced to Jackie, my eyebrows raised.  She shrugged not understanding his last statement either.  I looked at Skylar as he fumbled with his notebook.  I couldn't help myself I had to know. "What do you  mean?"

He let out a laugh, turning to look at my confused expression.  "I got two stunning girls to come to the show for me; the guys are going to be jealous."

My cheeks burned, making me instantly turn my face towards Jackie.  Her face was just as red as mine felt. 

"Is your brother coming?" Skylar asked his voice held a hint of irritation.

I turned to look at him, hoping my face had returned to it's normal color.  "Yeah, is that okay?"

He shrugged, his blue eyes staring straight into mine.  "He doesn't like me much."

"No he does, he was just looking out for me is all." I said defending Levi.

"He's not going to leave you alone is he?"

"He will, he's bringing his friend." I said, glancing to the front of the room as Mrs. Chilson walked in. 

"Good morning class." She belted over the noise.  She had a pair of taupe dress pants on, a pair of black pumps, and a black dress shirt.  "I'll be coming around to see how much progress you've made on your rough draft and answer any questions you might have."

She grabbed a clipboard off her desk, taking roll before walking to the first person in the front row.  I glanced around the room watching as everyone slowly dropped their heads to their notebooks and started scribbling away.  I sighed, flipping my notebook open and hovering over it like it was the last piece of chocolate cake.  I'm sure I looked like a nut but I didn't want anyone to see, with the exception of Jackie and Mrs. Chilson.