Monday, September 25

MACI POV
"So tell me! How was your date?" Jackie squealed, dropping her stuff on the floor by her desk.

A smile broke out on my face as I thought about my date with Skylar. It had been nothing short of perfect. I decided to play it off like no big deal in hopes my heart rate would stay somewhat normal and my face wouldn't flush. "Ya know...it was just a kiss."

"Bull! We're talking about Skylar, one of the hottest guys in school, it had to be amazing!" She squeezed my arm, "Tell me!"

"Next hour, I don't want him to walk in while we're talking about it." I faded to whisper as the classroom began to fill.

Jackie groaned in protest. "Fine."

She shifted in her seat, crossing her arms in front of her chest in protest.

"Aw come on Jackie." I whined. I saw the corners of her mouth twitch and knew she was holding back a smile. I made the best puppy dog face I could and tried to tear up, "Forgive me."

"Yeah yeah, but you better tell me." She said giving up and smiling. "Here comes your boy!"

My head spun around to the front of the classroom as Skylar strolled in. I felt like Molly Ringwald from Sixteen Candles only I wasn't invisible to the hottest guy in school. In fact I was the farthest thing from invisible, but the ogling over him was just the same. He flashed that amazing smile at me, his blues eyes sparkling.

"Hey sunshine." He said, giving me a wink as he slipped into the seat beside me.

"Hey." I said, a cheesy grin spread across my face. He chuckled softly as he scanned my face. "What?" I mumbled, my eyes widening.

God it would be so embarrassing if I had food on my face or something stuck between my teeth. I ran my tongue over my teeth as if I'd find a huge piece of spinach sticking out, not that I'd even had spinach this morning.

"Nothing." He said, opening his notebook. I continued to stare at him in a panic. He glanced back up laughing quietly again. "You're just cute that's all."

I felt my cheeks heat up. I sucked in my bottom lip trying to hold back the god awful love sick smile that was trying to over take my face.

"Not too bad yourself." I said regaining my composure with a wink.

It was Skylar's turn to blush. A confident smile rose to my face as I realized he had it just as bad as I did.

"I was wondering..." He started but was soon cut off as Ms. Chilson strolled in.

"Quiet down class." She bellowed over the roaring noise. "Its 7:30 in the morning shouldn't you all be in a coma?"

There were a few chuckles and plenty of moans from my fellow students. Ms. Chilson straightened out her rust colored dress shirt that was tucked into a black high waisted skirt.

"Most of you should be well through your rough draft. Remember you'll be proof reading your partner's in two days. I expect the essay to be completely written, that means four pages or more." She pointed at a few of the kids in class. "Questions come talk to me, otherwise get to work."

Everyone set to work, talking quietly between themselves. I turned to my notebook suddenly remembering that Skylar was about to tell me something. I glanced over at him and he already had his nose in his notebook, scribbling things down. I smirked, remembering the first day of school and how he couldn't come up with a topic to save his life. I was starting to think that it might have been just a ploy to talk to me. Either way it was fine by me. I opened my notebook, reading through what I had already written. Four pages was going to be a piece of cake, I was pretty sure I already had enough even if I typed it. I pulled the cap off my pen and settled down into my writing.