Tuesday, November 21 Cont'd

As my grandma in-law says "shit the bed" there's another update. Hope you ENJOY! - DBR

LEVI POV

I stayed with Maci until well after her tears had dried. I cleaned up the bathroom and tucked the clippers back into the case. Maci was jumping in the shower to rinse off the hair that had stuck to her neck and wiggled its way under her shirt. I was headed in that direction also once I put the clippers back. 

I was in the downstairs bathroom, my head in the cabinet trying to rifle the clippers back in place.

"Hey Levi, how was your day?" My dad asked.

"Okay, did you just get home?" I said, my head still in the cabinet.

I knew my parents didn't know that Maci had decided to shave her head. I also knew that my parents would know that she had, after seeing my head. I hated having a bald head. It made Maci's situation all too real. I knew exactly why I had the habit of running my hands through my hair, and wrapping my fist in the ends. It was a reassurance. If I had enough hair to pull in a fist that meant, at least in my head, that things were okay.

I finally got the clippers back in place, pulling myself out of the cabinet as my dad answered.

"Yeah, I..." He trailed off briefly as he looked at me. "I was going to see what you guys thought of pizza for dinner."

"Works for me. I'm going to go take a shower real quick." I said, reaching my hand behind my back to scratch under my t shirt.

"Alright. I'll get it ordered, the usual?" He asked.

"Yeah."

My dad went to turn and leave before he stopped. "Your grandparents are coming into town, all of them, this weekend for thanksgiving. Would you mind giving up your room for one of them?" He asked.

We hadn't seen any of our grandparents since we moved. It was going to be nice seeing them but I also knew part of the reason they were coming, especially on such short notice was because of Maci.

"No problem, I'll just crash in Maci's room."

"Thanks."

I nodded my headed, walking out of the bathroom. My dad placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed. He didn't have to say anything. That gesture alone told me everything.

I took the stairs two at a time, passing Maci's room and into mine. I stripped as I walked to the bathroom, discarding my clothes where ever they landed. The hair that was stuck to me was driving me nuts. I slipped into the shower as soon as the water was slightly warm. The water felt weird against my naked my head but I tried to ignore it. If I thought too much about it, I'd probably lose it.

I toweled off after, wrapping the towel around my waist as I hunted down a pair of clean sweatpants and a tshirt. I pulled a pair of socks on. Maci was right we were going to need some hats. I had a box of stuff I hadn't bothered to unpack from Florida. Stuff I didn't bother to wear anymore. I grabbed my phone, scrolling through the contact list till I found Mitch's number.

"Hey man!" Mitch answered after the first two rings.

"What's up?" I asked, pulling the box out of my closet.

"Shooting some hoops with the guys." His voice grew louder, "Hey guys it's Levi!"

I heard my name shouted multiple times, it made me smile. I missed my old friends. I missed playing ball with them after school.

"How's Maci?" Mitch asked, the voices in the background growing quieter.

"We shaved our heads." I said.