Thursday, December 7

Pulling teeth you guys. I'm serious. I'm battling some serious potential writers block. There's just so much to this story. What was I thinking?

So you know. I've bee trying to proofread before I post but I'm exhausted. I fell asleep writing part of this a few minutes ago. I probably should just wait and post it tomorrow but I love you. So sorry if there's mistakes and what have you.

Just a little warning, Levi gets a little frisky *wink and drops an f bomb. Nothing crazy but you know just trying to keep shit classy. ENJOY -DBR

LEVI POV

"Hey." I said, sliding down onto the couch next to Maci. I discarded my beanie on the arm of the couch, running my hand over my bald head.

"Hey back. How was school?" She asked.

I shrugged, putting my arm around her. She snuggled into my chest.

"School you know. I put your homework on the dining table." I said. "Your first hour teacher, what's her name?"

"Ms. Chilson." She offered.

"Yeah, she said something about a paper or speech or something." I glanced at Maci but she didn't move. "She wanted to see what you had done."

I felt her nod her head. "Okay."

We fell into silence. Both of us staring at the TV. My mind drifted to Jennifer. In a matter of a week or two she would be here. Maci hadn't said anything about it and it made me wonder if she even knew.

"Has dad talked to you?" I asked.

"About what?" She answered, her focus still on the TV.

"Jennifer's coming into town." I felt my heart rate increase with anxiety.

I still wasn't sure if I wanted to meet her. I would be regardless of whether I wanted to or not though. And the thought of that had me walking a thin line between panic and having myself under control.

"Yeah, I know." Maci said.

"Are you excited?" I could hear the hesitation in my voice and cringed. I wanted to at least seem uninterested, I had been aiming for excited or whatever Maci was but she hadn't given me much to go on.

"I don't know yet." She answered, not changing in the slightest bit. She let out a sigh. "I just have had this idea of who she is for so long and then the conversation on the phone happened and it altered the image so much and what if she's just some horrible person whose only reason for leaving us and dad was because she really didn't love us?" She looked up at me, her brown eyes searching mine. "How much would that suck? I mean I can deal with her not being able to handle it but what if she just didn't love us?"

During all the conversations I'd had with Jennifer I couldn't remember her saying she loved us. I thought that was supposed to be something mothers just couldn't help. But maybe I was wrong.

"Are you excited?" Maci asked. "I know you never wanted to meet her before but you've talked to her more right?"

Jennifer was something Maci and I hadn't talked about really since that night. I was too afraid to bring it up and even more worried Maci would find out about Eric. I didn't trust myself not to slip up.

"I don't really know either." I said. "I guess we will just have to see what she's really all about."

Maci nodded her head. "Yeah I guess you're right."

-------------

"Is everything alright?" Emma asked.