Monday, December 11 Cont'd

For those handful of people that actual read my ramblings. Sorry for taking a week. But I went up north to my cabin which meant I had not a lick of service and then I got crazy pumped for the sequel and started writing on it. Like the cast list, snippets for chapters, and three whole chapters! That being said this story still has a lot left. Or at least I think it does because I sort of just go with the flow. So ENJOY! -DBR

LEVI POV

My dad had gotten me back at school in time for my sixth hour. I had just enough time to sprint to class. I was dying to go home and see Maci but my dad had insisted I go back to school. He was worried about my attendance. I tapped my foot, my books already packed on my desk as I waited for the last few minutes of class to finish. I had told Maci in a text that I was a match. I couldn't hold the news in and she had asked me anyway. The bell rang and I sprang from my chair like a tightly coiled spring. I was out the door first and down the hall.

"Hey Greg!" I shouted over the mass of people filtering out into the halls. "Greg!"

He glanced over his shoulder, coming to halt so I could catch up. I knew we were still going through stuff but I had to tell him. Next on my list was Emma but only because I knew I'd see Greg first.

"What's up man?" He asked as we fell into step together.

"You know how we were waiting to see if I was gonna be a match?" I asked. I didn't wait for him to respond, the excitement basically consuming me. "I am!"

Greg's face light up as he gave me a congratulatory smack on the back.

"That's awesome!" His voice boomed through the hallway. "She must be pumped."

I couldn't stop smiling. "Yeah she's pretty excited."

I went on telling him about the plan for the next few weeks. Maybe he didn't need all the details but I was too excited and he didn't protest. We were both so consumed with our excitement we didn't even notice Jackie as we turned the corner. She bounced off my chest, a flash of anger coursing through her eyes.

"Watch where you're..." She snapped, cutting herself off when she realized who we were. "Oh hi."

She ran her hand through her red hair, shifting on her feet uneasily. I clamped my mouth shut. I wasn't even going to say hi. I felt my heart start to beat a little faster as I waited for whatever to unfold. My eyes darted back and forth between Jackie and Greg.

"Hi." Greg's voice was void of emotion.

"How are you?" She asked, her hazel eyes hopeful.

Greg never changed. "I'm fine."

"Can we please talk?"

I looked down at my feet. Part of me felt like I should just quietly dismiss myself. The other part of me felt like if I moved one of them was going to shoot me. I opted for staying still and trying to make myself invisible.

"I can't right now." Greg said.

I felt my muscles relax just a fraction. Maybe Greg was thinking about forgiving her. I mean that wasn't exactly a no. I sneaked a quick glance at Jackie through my eyelashes. She looked on the verge tears.  I knew how unfair it was that I was standing next to Greg. I still had his friendship after what I did. Jackie though was still hung out to dry. If I was her I would have been pissed and upset that I'd been forgiven and she hadn't.

"Did you hear the good news?" Greg asked.

His voice was a little softer. I lifted my eyes completely, watching Greg. I was still too afraid to join the conversation. But my curiosity was getting the better of me. Jackie shook her head.