Tuesday, October 3

MACI POV

"Hey sunshine." Skylar said as he slipped into his seat before first period started.

"Hi." I said, turning over the final copy of my essay as I smile crept onto my face."How are you?"

"Would you want to come over tonight?" He asked, ignoring my question.

My eyes danced across his features, studying his expression."Sure."

"Cool, I'll wait for you by the student entrance."

I nodded my head, instantly my thoughts went to whether or not I'd have the opportunity to ask him about Jared.Would I even have the guts to bring it up?Especially now that I knew one of their friends had passed away around the same time as their falling out.I figured it would be a touchy subject even before I talked to Jackie but now I was extremely unsure if he would even consider telling me.I shook my head slightly, there was no point fretting over it.He'd either tell me or he wouldn't and if he didn't Jared said he would.One way or the other I'd find out.

"Good morning class." Ms. Chilson said as she entered the classroom."Final copies of your essays are due today.I expect them to have a cover sheet along with the grade sheet I passed out when it was assigned and your rough draft."

My eyes drifted to the door, seeing Jackie trying to slip into the classroom unnoticed.

"So nice of you to join us Ms. Louis." Ms. Chilson said without even glancing Jackie's way."As I was saying, take today to finish your essays, if you need to go to the library to print them off come see me."

The class erupted into madness as people began scraping together their final essays.I turned to Jackie, laughing as she frantically rummaged through her bag.

"Why were you late?" I asked, readjusting myself in the desk so I could sit facing her.

"I over slept because I was up all night finishing this stupid essay." She grumbled, licking the tip of her finger before fingering through the pages in binder."Speaking of said essay, where the hell is it?"

"You don't have it?"

She shook her head back and forth, her hands picking up speed."Oh crap Maci." She looked up at me her eyes as wide as they could go."I think I left it on my counter at home."

"That sucks."I said as sympathetically as I could.

Jackie face palmed, groaning quietly."I'm such an idiot."

"Maybe she'll let you turn it in tomorrow for full credit seems how you technically have it done." I offered even though I figured it was a lost cause."You could at least ask I guess."

"Yeah, maybe." Jackie mumbled dragging herself from her seat to go talk to Ms. Chilson.

I pulled my phone, texting my mom that I was going to Skylar's after school.She replied almost instantly with the standard 'k have fun luv u'.I leaned back in my chair, deciding to read through my essay one last time before I left it in Ms. Chilson's hands.It was slightly unnerving; I poured my heart out in that essay.

LEVI POV

I leaned back in my chair in my first period; Greg's seat was empty beside me.I stretched my arms over my head as I tilted my head back and yawned.Bailey turned around in her seat, flashing me a smile as she handed me our test.I gave her a half smile back, directing my attention to my government test.I picked my pen up, sighing heavily as I looked over the first question.Government definitely wasn't my favorite class but I could see the point in this stuff.Unlike math at least I'd be able to apply it to life after high school.