TWO

Niall's POV

"He-He did what?"

I think I heard wrong but when Olivia starts full on crying, I know that he really kissed her. He kissed my girlfriend even though he has a girlfriend. He kissed Olivia after he told her awful things. He kissed her even though she's mine. I can't think straight as my mind is imagining a million and one different ways to kill him. I want to punch him, kick him, kill him, bring him away from Olivia as far as possible. He's the reason why she ran away. He's the reason why she's crying and upset.

I take a step back from her and run my hands over my face and through my hair. My cheeks are burning hot and I feel the anger building up. I can't – I don't know what to do now. I can't kill him. At the end of the day, he's her friend and I can't go to jail.

"Niall it's not a big deal." She whispers and presses her lips together to stop her tears.

I swallow all saliva in my mouth and take a deep breath. I hold my hand up, showing her to give me a minute or two. I don't know what to do, what to feel, how to react now. She knows and sees that I'm angry. She says that it's not a big deal, but maybe that's only for her because for me it's a very big deal. I hate to be jealous, I hate to be angry. I know that she doesn't like it when I'm like this but I can't control it.

"He-He fucking kissed you." I finally bring out and punch the tree next to me. It surprises her, making her scream my name.

"Niall!" She exclaims and takes my hand. It's swollen and a little bit of blood drips down onto the snow. "Niall..." She cups my cheek with her other hand and I rest my forehead on hers.

"He fucking kissed you." I whisper and feel my body tense up. A tear escapes my eye and she wipes it away with her thumb. Her hand is cold against my hot cheeks.

"I know." Is all she can say before she wraps her arms around my body. I put my arms around her, closing the hug and taking in her scent. She's heavily breathing against my chest and I can feel her chest slowly rising and falling.

"It's not fair... Not fair to you, to me, to us, Olivia." I say and look over her to the tree that I just hit.

"I know." She mumbles. Her eyes are closed and tears still roll down her cheeks. It seems to never have an end. The tears never stop no matter how hard I try to make her happy and smile. There will always be something that makes her cry. Happy moments are just temporary, even though I wished I could pull them into infinity. I hate to see her upset, crying, unhappy. That's not what I want for her, for us. I want her to be the happiest person, always, forever. I don't want her to be ever upset, but I know that I will never be able to prevent it, no matter how hard I try.

"It's not fair."

She's gone through a lot and even though she can't remember it anymore. But I can. I know how much shit happened and it's not fair that she has to go through shit even now. Her childhood wasn't the best and it's just not fair that she still has to go through shit. But at least she can't remember it anymore. She can't remember the times that I have engraved in my head.

"It doesn't matter to me, Niall. I can forget about it... please forget it too." she begs but it's impossible for me to forget it. It's impossible for me to forget anything that has to do with her. She's my one and only, always in my heart, always in my mind. I know her since she's four and ever since, she's always in my head. All those years that we haven't seen each other, she was always in my head. When I auditioned for the X-Factor, it was for her. She was the one who told me to sing songs for her. She was the one who told me to believe in everything. "Nothing is impossible" she used to say and even though she can't remember it, I can and I will never forget it. She always had hope and cared about others. Sometimes more than herself.