SEVEN

Olivia's POV

After opening presents and eating dinner a second time, the girls and I go upstairs to my bedroom. We all change into pjs and make a bed on the floor for the twins. Anna and I are going to sleep on my bed and the twins on the floor. We change it up every other year. After laying three blankets on the floor, Paige decides that it's okay like that and Anna and I give her and Penny pillows and bedsheets. Neither of us is tired and Sam, Ethan and Taylor come into my room, non of them being tired either. While our parents and Mr.McAllister are probably asleep, we chill in my room and play silly games, like drawing with closed eyes or who can hold their breath the longest. For the record, Taylor won and Anna is the best at drawing blind. When Taylor falls asleep though, the boys carry him into Ethan's room and don't came back. We girls turn the lights off and try to sleep. It's complete silent in my room and my eyes are slowly shutting.

"What is love?" Anna suddenly asks.

"It's 4 am in morning. You don't ask questions like that at 4 in the morning." I tell her and roll onto my stomach.

"But you're in love, right?" She questions.

"Yep." I say roll back onto my back again.

"How do you know that you're in love, when you don't know what love is?" Anna asks and I start to think. How did I know that I love Niall, when I didn't know exactly what love really is? I guess, for me and him, it came naturally. Love should come naturally, then you know it's love, right?

"Well,..." I start but get cut off by Penny.

"Wait! I want to hear it as well." She says and gets up. Paige does the same and they squeeze in between me and Anna.

"Well,..." I start off again and make a short pause, testing if someone else is going to interrupt me, but no one does. "It always depends." I say. "It depends on the person and the situation. Every person feels love differently, but it's the small things that matter. You can't know what love really is until one point. That one point has to be decided by the person. For some it can be a small gesture and they know he or she is the one. For others it's many gestures at once. It's always different." I explain and think about me and Niall. 

I think about I knew that I love him and how I felt and what told me that it really was love. I can't help it, but smile and my heart starts to pound faster.

"How did you know that you love Niall?" Penny wants to know.

"When did you know that it was really love?" Paige asks.

"Yeah, what's your story? You never talk about him and you together." Anna says.

"One after another please." I chuckle. "How I knew that I love Niall? Well, I don't know actually. I-I can't describe it. It kinda came naturally, you know? We met and something in me just... kinda just dragged me to him. He made me laugh and I felt happy. Happier than I felt before... When we would talk, my heart would race. Even when we talked about complete stupid, unnecessary and random things, which we by the way we still do, my heart just raced for him. It was like eating chocolate. You love it and want it to go on forever. It's like a drug, as some people would say. I never experience drugs, but that's what books always say about love." I take a deep breath and feel my heart relaxing.

"Being in love sounds soooo wonderful." Paige says, making me giggle.

"It is but it has its downs as well." I explain and then it's quiet for a while, before I continue with Paige's question.

"When I knew that it was really love? Huh... It was never like: Now I'm in love with Niall. It wasn't like that. But like, I actually told Niall that I love him for the first time ever when I was drunk." I tell them and we burst out laughing. "In my mind I wasn't sure, but my heart was."