TWENTY THREE

Olivia's POV

It was like a scene from a movie.

I saw him and then he disappeared right in front of my eyes. Everything was suddenly gone and I couldn't do anything to stop it. All I know is that my heart skipped a beat.

I feel someone holding my hand and it feels so familiar to me that I don't want to move and lose the touch, the connection. Slowly, I open my eyes and see him again. But this time he's not on the other side of the road, standing there with the support of crutches. This time he's sitting next to my bed. I carefully tilt my head up and see that it's not my bed, nor is it my bedroom. I'm in a hospital room, in a hospital bed and he's by my side, holding my hand. His head is resting right next to me on the mattress and our fingers are intertwined. My heart starts to race and I feel tears building up. I ask myself if it's good or bad that he's here now... but judging from the warm feeling that he gives me, it can only be a good. It just has to be a good.

Feeling tears building up, I take a deep breath and cover my mouth with my free hand. I shut my eyes and take deep breaths, thinking that this can only be dream. But when I open my eyes he's still right here, holding my hand, and I begin to cry. I try to be quiet but Niall shoots up and sits up straight on the chair he's sitting on. He looks at me, our fingers still intertwined, and doesn't know how to react for a second. Neither of us know what to say or do. We just look at each other. But then a tear rolls down his cheek and we both smile.

"Can you do me a favour, Niall?" I ask him, sounding weaker than I feel, and he nods.

"Everything." He answers quickly. "I would do everything for you... you know that." He adds and looks down, avoiding my eyes.

"Kiss me." I say, not thinking and not caring in what state our relationship is. Ignoring, that we broke up weeks ago and that the past weeks were the worst weeks of my life. Simply ignoring everything that happened in the past, everything that tore us apart. I just crave his lips more than anything else in the world.

Niall is speechless for a second but then stands up. My heart begins to race. He cups my cheeks and kisses me. I feel all the feelings that I felt when we were together again. All the million and one wonderful and unexplainable feelings that I felt when we would hold hands, talk, laugh, hug and kiss. It feels like my heart is finally getting all it needs again. Him.

"I love you." We both say at the same time when we pull apart.

"I love you so so much, Olivia." Niall mumbles and rests his forehead on mine. "Never leave me again, please." He says and kisses my forehead before wrapping his arms around me. I feel pain rush through my body and flinch. He instantly lets go and carefully lies me back down on the upper part of the hospital bed is tilted up a bit.

"I'm sorry." Niall says and takes my hand in his. He kisses it and sits down on the edge of the bed.

"I'm--" I can't finish my sentence when pain rushes through my body again. I shut my eyes for a second and only dare to open them again once the pain is gone. "I'm fine." I lie and, to my surprise, manage to smile at Niall.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod slightly, also feeling a bit pain when I move my neck. "We-we should get your doctor, just to make sure." Niall says just as the door opens and the doctor comes in. "Perfect timing." Niall mumbles and stands up.

"Mr. Horan, still here?" The doctor asks and Niall nod. "Well... Ms.Hemmings, wonderful to see you awake." He smiles and takes the clipboard that hangs on the end of the bed. "Only small injuries." He mumbles and then puts it back again. "Do you know what happened?" He asks me and I shake my head no.

"Well, you had an accident, Ms.Hemmings... A-A car hit you as you were about to walk over the street. Your friend here..." He pats Niall's shoulder before he continues. "Reacted very quickly and ran over to you, despite the fact that his knee is recovering. We got it all on civilians cameras and I must admit, such fast reacting is very impressive. He-He just ran off with his crutches and stopped everything around you. He held you in his arms and screamed for help until a nurse came. That's pretty impressive for someone on crutches, you know?" The doctor asks and I look at Niall, seeing him blush. "The car didn't hit you very hard but it was hard enough to knock you out and throw you onto the ground. If your friend here, hadn't been so quick, internal bleeding would have started and who knows what your health state would be now... Really, we only had to put bandages around you and give you pain killers, which by the way you are going to take in three times a day - one extra if the pain is really getting to much. The nurse will tell you everything in detail when you get out tomorrow and I'll check on you later tonight and um... YES! Before I forget, Dr. Hilton will come by later." The young doctor, who probably just finished his first year as a doctor, smiles at me and then at Niall.