TWENTY SEVEN

Niall's POV

I look at her and see a little tear rolling down her cheek. I should have told Clair to not bring her son, I think as I step closer to Olivia. "Are you okay, gorgeous?" I ask as another tear rolls down her red cheeks.

"No." She gasps and shakes her head.

"Sit down, gorgeous, please." I move to the side and let her sit, thinking that she might collapse. "Clair, water please." I say without even looking at her. I sit down next to Olivia and put my arm around Olivia as Clair goes into the kitchen with her son in her arms. I don't know what Olivia is thinking and I wish I could, but all I can do is read her face. She isn't fully crying which is a good sign but few tears are rolling down her red cheeks which isn't good either and she doesn't say a word, making me worry more about her. I can't help her if I don't know what's wrong. Is she thinking about the son we could have had when she looks at Clair's?

"Please tell me what's wrong, Olivia. I-I can't help or comfort you if I don't know." I say as Clair comes back with the water. She gives me the glass and I give it to Olivia. "Please, talk to me." I mumble. Olivia takes a sip of the water and places the glass on the coffee table before she finally faces me after looking down for what felt like hours.

"I'm-I'm just thinking about what-what could be and... I don't know, I'm just emotional right now." She stutter and I can't help it but have to smile because of her cuteness.

"We can always try for another baby, gorgeous. Maybe not now or next month but in a few years when, you know, when we both feel ready and if it happens, if you get pregnant again before that, then that's fine as well. As long as you're the mother and I'm father, we'll be happy and we'll manage. Look, it doesn't matter who I am or who you are and it-it doesn't matter how old we are, because all that matters is that you and I are together... and, I-I know that we belong together, alright? You-you might not believe me when I say this but I know for sure that we belong together. I just know it." I say, thinking about our past that she can't remember. 

I sometimes wish she could though, because then she would know what I know. She would know that fate wants us together. She would know that we're prefect for each other. And she would know that all we need is one another. 

But she doesn't know all that and only I do, so it's up to me if we stay together or not. I have to fight for her in order to stay with her. The fate of our life is in my hands and I can't screw that up. I just can't.

"We-we can leave... I'll just text Niall everything he needs to know. I mean, I did that for a week so what's one more day, right?" Clair says and sits down next to Olivia.

"No, no, I'm okay, really. I-I just had a moment." Olivia says and looks at Clair's son in her arms. "Can I hold him?" She asks. Clair nods vigorously and hands her son carefully over to Olivia. A smile instantly forms on her lips as she holds the little boy. "Hello, little one." She says with the cutest voice I've ever heard from her. It's a mix of happiness, sadness and a motherly tone that I haven't heard from her yet.

"You're so cute, gorgeous." I whisper into her ear, making her giggle as she plays with the little boy on her lap.

"Thank you but no, I'm not, he is." She says, stroking the cheek of the little boy. He smiles and wraps his little fingers around her thumb. I can't help it but just have to think about the son we could have had.

"Is it okay if Clair and I leave you two alone for a bit? We have to talk about my appointments and stuff." I ask after looking at Clair with the planner back in her hands.

"Yeah sure." Olivia answer without even looking at me. Clair's son has her full attention and for once I'm not jealous of the other guy, even though the little guy won over her heart in just seconds.