FOURTEEN

Niall's POV

The following days I spend just looking at my phone. I wanted to call her and tell her that I still love her and that I can't live without her. But every time I pick up my phone, I put it back down again. I have to give her time or else she'll search for more space between us, which would eventually tear us apart completely. I have to give her time and myself. I can't live without her and every moment that we're apart from each other, I spend missing her. I wait for her to call me, hoping that one day she will, but unwillingly knowing that she's not going to any time soon.

The day's go by slowly and everything reminds of me her. Even the sky. Everything. She doesn't leave my mind and it's the same like a few months ago when I first saw her again. It has been years since we last saw each other and I couldn't believe how gorgeous she has become.

Flashback

I am walking through the streets of London, not really hiding but not trying to get any attention either. To be honest, I don't really know why I wanted to get out today. I had planned to stay at home, watch telly and just chill before going back on tour again. But now I'm out, walking around. The other boys are probably still in bed, sleeping or eating in bed, something I would definitely do. But not today. It's weird. Something just draws me out. Something just tells me to go out and I don't know where I am going but hey the worst thing that could happen is that I get lost. But I've got my phone and money with me and cabs are driving around so getting home is not really an issue. The weather is quite nice and people haven't discovered me yet.

I don't really know where I am, but then I recognize my surroundings slowly. I'm close to the University and my heart starts racing. This never happened to me before. I've been here few times before, visiting Valerie, but that never happened. I don't know what's wrong with me and then I look around and see her. Olivia.

Olivia Elisabeth Hemmings.

I can't believe how beautiful she got. She was beautiful when we were younger and I definitely knew that she would become even more beautiful but I didn't expect her to look like that. Her brown hair is curled and she's wearing skinny jeans with a flannel over a shirt. She looks just like how I imagined her to look and even better. In my head I'm just repeating myself over and over again. I have to get closer to her. I have to talk to her and just as I think about it, my feet carry me over to her. She lifts up a huge box and manages to get into the building. I quicken my steps and then I'm right behind her. "Can I help you?"

"Please." She says and carefully hands me the box over. It's not really heavy, but it was big enough to cover her face, but not mine. I look at her and realize how much I missed her over the years. It has been a long time since she left my garden with her family. It feels like forever since I last saw her face. But now she's right in front of me and everything that happened to us in the past pops up in front of my eyes within a second.

We get into the elevator and I put the box down. She presses the button to the 11th floor and then it's awkwardly quiet.

"I'm Niall." I say to break the silent. I reach my hand out to her and then she recognises me. She doesn't freak out thought and just shakes my hand. Only when I really look at her cheeks, I see that she slightly blushes.

"Olivia. My name is Olivia." She says and I feel the strong desire to hear her voice again.

"Are you starting uni?" I ask, trying to make conversation with her and press the button to the 13th floor. She looks nervous but tries to stay cool.

"Yes and you?" Olivia asks back and smiles.

"I'm on tour. Just taking a break, you know, visiting a friend." I lie straight in her face. The Olivia I knew years ago would instantly figure out that that's a lie but she doesn't. She can't remember how to read my face, but I remember how to read hers.