NINETEEN

Olivia's POV

Three minutes feel like three years to me and Ally as we sit on the cold floor in the her aunt's bathroom. We already looked through draws because we got so bored and we even folded and rolled up all the hand towels and watered the little plant that stands next to the toilet. Ever second feels like 100 minutes and we both end up laying on the cold floor. Then Ally's timer on her phone goes off and we both jump up. She quickly turns it off and then we look at the test that lays on perfectly folded toilet paper between the two sinks.

"I can't look at it." I say and look up when we stand in front of it.

"It's positive." Ally says and my heart skips a beat.

"Fuck!" I exclaim and my knees get wobble. I squad down and hold my stomach. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." I mumble and can't help it but start to cry. "Shit."

"Don't curse in front of the baby." Ally says and kneels down in front of me.

"It can be wrong, right?" I ask her. "It can be wrong." I say louder and she just nods.

"You have to go to the doctor." She just says and rubs my back. I take a deep breath and start to cry.

"I just can't be." I whisper and cover my mouth with my hands as I start to cry even more. The tears stream down my face and breathing becomes difficult. "I just can't be." I repeat over and over again. "I just can't."

"Shh, breathe, Olivia, breathe. We'll figure something out." Ally tries to comfort me and rubs my back. "We'll figure something out." She whispers and wraps her arms around my waist.

"I just can't." I breathe in heavily and my legs begin to tremble. I sit down on the floor and lean against Ally. She holds me and rubs my back as she comforts me. "Cheer up, alright? Soon there will be a little Olivia or Niall running around." She says and I can't help it but gasp and chuckle quietly.

"A little Niall." I laugh shortly and take a deep breath. "A little Niall." I repeat as more tears stream down my face.

It's funny how getting pregnant by Niall was a dream of mine few years ago when he was just my celebrity crush. It was a dream of mine few months ago as well, but I imagined me and Niall to be older, married and living in a house. Not broken up, away from each other and not even in contact. That's not what I wanted. Nor for me, nor for the baby. I look at the pregnancy stick and read the result over and over again "Pregnant 3+"

On Monday, after my classes, I meet up with Ally at Starbucks. Since the baby party, I did some research about babies, things for babies, things that I should know, things that would be useful to know. I came to the conclusion that raising a child is hard. There are apparently over 80% single mothers out there in the world. That's a lot and soon I'll be one of them.

Even though I hold onto the possibility that I can't be pregnant, I know that that's just unnecessary effort. But I don't want to know the truth.

When Ally finally comes into Starbucks, I get up and walk towards her. I don't want to spend any more time in a room with students who are happy and not pregnant. Ally turns around again, even though she wasn't even in Starbucks for a minute, and I follow her to her car. Only when we sit inside, I say something.

"So, we're really doing this?"

"You are. I'm just taking you there and be by your side." Ally says. "So, are you really doing this?" She asks.

"There's no way back, is there?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "Lets go then." I say and she drives off. Ally turns on the radio to calm my nerves but 'You and I' starts playing. She wants to press next, but I hold her hand back.