TWENTY FIVE

Niall's POV

Few weeks ago I would have never thought that I would take Olivia back home with me. I had hoped and wished that I would, but I didn't think that it would happen so soon. I didn't think that I would take her home from the hospital, after she got into an accident and after loosing our child, either. The last few weeks felt like an eternity to me, yet they feel like a split second compared to the time I plan on spending with her, which is for the rest of our life.

Last night, when I had to leave her in the hospital, I was scared to loose her again. It was as if as soon as I would leave, she would get taken away form me again. I didn't want that and we had the longest goodbye I've ever had. It took us a good hour filled with kisses on the forehead and cheeks and promises to see each other again in the morning, until we were finally able to pull apart.

I drove straight to the student accommodation and packed a suitcase for her. Good thing that I made a copy of her keys when we first got together. She knows where I hide my keys, so it's only fair that I made a copy of hers. Knowing her, I packed things that are comfy for her to wear to her classes, underwear, one outfit for a night out and her books for uni and laptop. I didn't even think of packing something for her to sleep in, wanting to see her in my clothes again. Then, I drove to my house and made everything ready for her. I made space for her in the wardrobe, made space in the bathroom, prepared blankets for her and knowing that she would take three days to unpack her suitcase, I did it for her. Lastly, I drove to Waitrose and bought everything she likes. At some point, I made it into my bed and fell asleep.

Now, she sits next to me in my car and we are on our way to my house. I have my hand on her thigh and her hand is on top of mine. We sing to songs on the radio together and take three wrong turns just to sing one more song over and over again. A fifteen minutes ride turns into half an hours until I finally drive into the drive way of my house. The gate closes behind us as we both get of the car. "Wait!" I exclaim when Olivia opens the car door.

"Why?" She asks confused and closes it again. I get my crutches and get out of the car.

"I want to help you out of the car." I say, closing the door behind me before hobbling with my crutches over to her.

"You are on crutches, Niall." She laughs and gets out of the car before I reach her. I take a deep breath and look at her with disappointment in my eyes. "Don't be disappointed, love. I know that you are a gentleman." She says as she comes over to me. She cups my cheeks and smiles at me from ear to ear. "You don't have to show me that you're a gentleman anymore. I know it and besides, you are on crutches, so calm down." She kisses my lips softly and pulls away before I get the chance to deepen the kiss. She walks ahead, takes my hidden key out of it's hiding place and opens the door or us. Smiling proudly, she holds the door open for me and lets me hobble inside. Before she follows me in, she hides the key again and I tell myself to tell Clair to make a key to my house for Olivia. I go ahead into the living room and sit down on the couch as she takes off her shoes. She comes over to me and helps me take of my shoes and then my hoodie. I lay down on the couch as she puts my things away. When she comes back, she kneels down on the floor in front of me and runs her fingers through my hair.

"When did you sleep last night?" She asks, seeing how tired I look.

"I don't know... late? I was the last person in Waitrose." I admit and can't help it but smirk.

"You went to Waitrose last night? Why?" She wants to know as I take her hands in mine.

"Well, first I got few things for you from your flat and made the house ready for you. Then, I drove to Waitrose and got everything that you like." I explain as I stroke the back of her hand with my thumb.