FIFTEEN

Olivia's POV

I open my eyes and see nothing but water in front of me. My body is freezing but my mind is empty. That's exactly what I wanted. I wanted to forget what happened and that's why I am here. I swim up to the surface and hear children laughter around me, reminding me that I'm not alone here. It's me, a group of 5 year olds and their two swimming teachers.

When Sarah told me that she used to swim to escape the world, I thought that it wouldn't bring me anything and that running is enough. But actually, running just remembered me of running away and Niall. So here I am swimming. I roll onto my back and kick my feet slightly, swimming up to the edge of the pool.

Once I'm out and wrapped into a towel, I go back to the dressing room and change into normal clothes. After packing my clothes into my bag, I go home - home to my London flat. It looks exactly like it did few months ago but it feels completely different. It feels empty but I've managed to ignore that over the last few days.

My phone rings as soon as I enter my flat. I take it out of my bag and pick up as I walk over to the windows. "Hello?" I say as I close the curtains.

"Liv--" The person says, who's voice I instantly recognized.

"Don't call me Liv." I cut Adam off.

"Olivia." He corrects himself as I start to undress myself. "I heard you are back in London." Adam says and I imagine him smirking.

"I am." I say as I wiggle myself out of my jeans.

"We have't seen each other for months and now that you're back, you don't even give me a call?" He asks chuckling.

"Um, Adam, do you remember what happened when we last saw each other?" I ask him, taking my shirt off.

"Yeah, your boyfriend or whatever he is punched me and we had a little fight. You went with me to the little back room, had to pee and I fell asleep. That was the last time I saw your beautiful face." Adam says and I imagine him smirking. I can't hold it back but laugh.

"So why did you call?" I ask as I walk to my bathroom to put my things into my laundry basket.

"Do you remember where I work?" He asks as I lean back against the sink.

"At Starbucks?"

"Yeah and..." He makes a pause, wanting me to say it, but I don't. "At the club where your boyfriend or whatever he is punched me." Adam says and I can't help it but burst out laughing.

"So?" I ask, not really getting what he's trying to say.

"Are you coming tonight? It's Friday and I've got my cousin doing my doorman work for me and another cousin at the bar who gives me free drinks. So I'll be by your side ready to fight back any boyfriend or whatever that comes in your near." He says and I start to think about pros and contras. A new thing that I started this year. Dad said that that's what he always does and apparently it helps a lot. I first doubted it just because of the fact that he's a divorced man but then I though that it may help at least sometimes, after all he's found Sarah and is happy with her.

"If that's how you're convincing me..." I make a pause and hold my laugh in.

"I buy you beer and shots." He promises, making me laugh out loud.

"Okay." I give in and turn around, looking at myself through the mirror.

"See you there!" He exclaims and hangs up. I put my phone down and get into the shower. I don't want to smell like chlorine, do I? The water drops down on my body and a flashback plays in front of my eyes of how snow lands on me and Niall. Of how I cried. Of how I we kissed and of how we used to love each other. I still love him and I probably will always love him, but for this year, I've got only one resolutions and that is to accept what happens.