THIRTEEN

Olivia's POV

"Ethan, you have to take care of your sister, especially now." Mum says toEthan. They are in the hallway talking about me while I sit here and can clearly hear them. Mr.McAllister kneels across from me on the floor and puts a bandage around my hand even though it's just a really small cut and a patch would do the job well enough.

"What happened?" Ethan asks. He has no idea.

"She and Niall have broken up. I didn't ask her why, felt like it is too early to ask, but she's not doing well, Ethan. I know that you have noticed that as much as Robert and I did."

"I think I know why they broke up." Ethan says and than it's quiet. I know that Ethan would never tell mum anything without my approval and now he isn't telling her anything either. Mum isn't trying to get information anyway because she knows as well as Ethan does that I will tell her when I feel ready.

"She didn't eat yesterday." Ethan points out.

"She didn't. She didn't even eat today, so please get her McDonalds or something when you're in Brighton. She has to eat, you know exactly why, right? And don't ask her questions. Let her open up to you. That's the best... even if it means that we'll never know the real reason." Mum says and seconds later she comes into the kitchen, unaware that I heard everything. I'm not sure if Mr.McAllister did, because mum and Ethan were talking very quietly. A wonder that I heard them.

"Does it hurt?" Mum asks as she starts to clean the floor.

"A bit." I say and stand up. Mr.McAllister gets up as well and washes his hands before he puts the first aid kit into a cabinet. "Thank you." I say to him and leave, hearing him saying "You're welcome" just as I step out of the kitchen. I go upstairs and to my bedroom, finding Ethan laying on my bed.

"Mum said you're not feeling too well at all, so I guess, we'll get McDonalds ice on the way to dad's." He says sitting up.

"With loads of chocolate?" I ask and sit down next to him.

"With loads of chocolate." Ethan says and puts his arm around me. I rest my head on his shoulder and then he says: "You'll survive, Olive. You always do."

Four hours later we are on our way to dad's house in Brighton. We've got french fries, cheeseburgers and McSundays with us as we listen to strictly, by Ethan chosen, High School Musical songs. Usually, I'd sing my lungs out but my throat is too raspy – at least that's my excuse. I told Ethan that my throat hurts, when in reality I'm just not in the mood. Usually he wouldn't except a small excuse like that, but he doesn't fight it now. He knows that I'm not in the mood, even without me saying it out loud. He just knows that and it's not like I'm hiding it. He just sings alone as I eat and stare out of the window.

When we finally arrive at the house, near to the pear, I get out of the car and just stand there, staring at the white house as I take deep breaths. I don't feel ready to go inside and be questioned why I look the way I look – like a total mess. I don't feel ready to tell anyone about anything and I don't even know if I can say everything out loud. It's different to when I just think about it in my head and let the scenes play in front of my eyes. It's different from when I have to say it out loud. I would have to explain all the things that happened before so that people would actually get it. All the things that ruined us, me and Niall, I would have to explain or else they wouldn't understand why I did what I did. Once I would say it out loud, it would feel more official than it already does and that's what I'm really trying to avoid.

"Olivia?" Ethan tears me out of my thoughts as he puts my suitcase on the ground.

"Sorry." I mumble and walk over to him. I take my suitcase and wait for him to take his before he follows me to the house. Out of my backpack, I grab the keys to the house and open the door. Just as I enter the house, Ethan rings the bell to let dad and Sarah know that we're here, before he follows me inside