TWELVE

Niall's POV

When I hear the door slam close, I finally move. I look over to the door and see all the moments that we shared with each other disappear in front of my eyes. Everything, literally everything. From the moment I saw her carrying that box until now.

I don't want to leave, but staying here will make everything even worst. I know that she's waiting behind that door, waiting for me to leave. I know that when I do, it will be over for good. But do I have a choice?

She said that everything became too much for her. I understand it. She said that she can't cope anymore. I understand that too. But does it really have to be over?

As I start the engine, I hope that it isn't.

Once I'm half way to Mullingar, I drive to the side of the road. I have to cry out everything now, or else I won't be able to do anything. But no tears come. "Fucking shit!" I yell and hit the steering wheel with my already injured hands over and over again. "Fucking shit! Arrgghhh!"

I take deep breaths and look out of the car. Hurting myself won't do anything. I take my phone. Maybe music will help. 'You and I' starts playing and I immediately press skip . 'Half a Heart', 'Over Again','More Than This', 'Moments', 'Truly, Madly, Deeply', 'Irresistible' and lastly 'Little Things'. I click skip until anger builds up and I'm close to throwing my phone out of the car. But then I remember all the pictures and memories that I have on it. All the chats and pictures and videos that we both took over the months that we had. Then 'Tenerife Sea' starts playing and I don't skip it. I remember the time where I first kissed her, in that dance studio. That song was playing in the background and everything felt right. If I could go back in time, I would.

When I finally arrived at home, I ask myself what she did. She was already crying when she left my car and I wonder if she cried even more. I wonder if she was alone or if Ethan came home. If she feels like a weight just left her heart and if she'll be happier without me.

"Niall! How was it? Did you have fun?" Mum asks when I enter the living room. "I didn't think you'd come ho--"

"We broke up." I cut her off and to my own surprise, my voice is stable and emotionless.

"Whaat!" Mum instantly gets up and wraps her arms around me, taking me into a hug that I really need right now.

"It-It become too much for her. She couldn't cope anymore." I explain and hold my tears back.

"Awww Niall." She rubs my back and a tear rolls down her cheek.

"I'll be fine, Mum." I say not really knowing if that's even true. "I'll be fine." I repeat. "Really."

She lets go off me and I step back. "I'm going to sleep, mum. Goodnight." I try my best to smile at her, but my lips don't move a single bit.

"Goodnight, Ni." She smiles weakly and kisses my cheek before I leave the living room again. I hear mum start crying when I take the first step up. She crying for me, for Olivia and for herself. She had wished that we'd stay together forever now, that we'd find out happiness together and that after everything that happened in the past and during the last few weeks that now things would be all right. And I wished the same. But not every wish gets fulfilled.

MaybeI  should have wished harder.

Olivia's POV

I stay, sitting in front of the door, until my phone vibrates. It's mum. She's calling but I can't pick up or else she'll know that I'm crying. My throat is dry, my heart is aching and my body is shivering.