SIXTEEN

Olivia's POV

After Ally finally found something for me to wear, half of my closet is spread out on my bed. I take the clothes from her and lock myself into the bathroom before I change into the skinniest black jeans that I didn't even know I own and into a white long sleeve crop top. Then, I dry my hair and brush my teeth, wash my face and put some perfume on. In the meanwhile, Shawn and Ally stay in my apartment and do god knows what.

When I step put of the bathroom again, Ally stands up from the bed and gives me a black leader jacket that I didn't know I had either. I give her a questioning look and she rolls her eyes at me.

"It's mine. I went up to my apartment and got it for you when you dried your hair." She explains and I nod understanding. But then I'm confused again and give her another questioning look.

"I got for Christmas from my brother." She explains and then it makes sense. A black leader jacket, sounds like something her brother would buy for her. When I don't move and laugh in my head about her brother, Ally takes the jacket off me and holds it up in front of me. I turn around and pull the jacket on, before I turn around again to see her smiling at me.

"Thank mum." I laugh and sit down next to Shawn. He smirks but Ally just shakes her head at us. She then gives me the pair of black pumps that Niall gave me for our first date. Instantly a scene form that day shoots into my head. I blink a couple of times to get it out of my head and Ally places them down in front of me.

"You can't avoid everything that reminds you of him." She says and I know that she's right. I look down at the beautiful pair of shoes and swallow all saliva in my mouth before I put them on. When I look up again to face Ally, she looks at me like a proud mother. It's like I'm her toddler who's just learning to walk for the first time.

"I feel like you're putting more effort into tonight than I am and you're not even going." I say and she just shrugs.

"It will be the first night out since the break up and I want you to have fun, all right? Is that so bad of me?" She asks and sits down on my desk chair.

"It's not, thank you." I smile and she smiles back. "But I'm hungry." I say and stand up. "We should go eat before you guys drive me to the club." I haven't eaten a lot today and my stomach isn't okay with that. I've got slight stomach pain but that's nothing food can not cure.

"What do you want to eat?" Shawn asks as I go over to my nightstand and take my phone. I quickly put money into the pockets of the leader jacket and reach down for my keys but when I see the ring that Niall gave me, I instantly stop to move and stand frozen. I look at the ring and see mine and Niall's fingers intertwined, only minutes before we broke up. I see the tears of that night and broken pieces.

"Olivia?" Shawn calls my name but it's like he's miles away.

"Olivia, are you all right?" Ally asks and comes over to me.

"Who put this there?" I ask, not looking away from the ring.

"I did. I found it in a glass when I wanted to drink water." Shawn says and I swallow down the tears that I feel building up in me. Stay strong, I tell myself and take a deep breath. Ally puts her hands on my upper arms and slightly rubs up and down, knowing what flashback that ring gives me and knowing that I've been trying to avoid just looking at it.

"Olivia?" Ally says and I take a deep breath. I take the my keys and walk pass her, pass Shawn, out of my flat.

"I'm hungry." I just say as I go out. When I'm few steps away from my door, I realize that Shawn and Ally aren't following me as I thought they would. "Are you coming or what?" I ask as I walk back. Shawn and Ally are talking but stop as soon as I reach the door. They just nod and then follow me out. Ally closes the door behind her as I walk ahead to the elevator. Once we're out of the building, I breathe again. I didn't even realize that I was holding my breath. The cold January air hits my face and I start missing my bed and the warmth of my apartment.