SIX

Olivia's POV

"It won't take all too long." Aunt Karen promises as I sit down next to her. "Depending on your answer, of course." She adds.

"What is it?" I want to know and hope that it's not about Niall.

"What are you doing the first week of the new year?" She asks, brightly smiling at me.

"Why?" I ask before I mention anything about flying to LA with Niall.

"We'd like you to come with us to New York." Her eyes start to sparkle, hoping that I say yes, but I'm afraid that I have to say no. On one side, I'd love to fly to New York with aunt Karen, her husband, Anna, Taylor and of course Sam. It would be so much fun and not like with mum, aunt Karen doesn't want to do the touristy things. She would let us - Sam, Anna, Taylor and me - go off on our own and explore the city without any parent leading the way. Aunt Karen and her husband, my uncle, would just give us money to get around, a map of the city and a time to be back at the hotel. We'd be on our own and could decide if we want to do touristy things or not. With mum, everything would go like she plans. Mum would decide where we're going and on what we spend our money on. As much as I love my mother, aunt Karen is just better to travel with, really.

But despite all that, I have to say no.

I already planned with Niall to go to Los Angeles with him. He has a knee surgery and as a good girlfriend it's my duty to be with him. Besides that, I would just love to spend time with him with and no one except us around. We would go on walks in the middle of the night like we have planned, before the surgery. And after his surgery, I would always bring him food from McDonalds or other restaurants. I would be by his side, even when it's boring in the hospital. I wouldn't leave him alone and I'd make a boring situation to a fun one. Only when the visitors time is over, I'd leave and once I would arrive back at the hotel, I would immediately call him. We have that all planned and I can't cancel. Especially when it's in less than two weeks from now.

"We will stay at the Plaza Hotel like in Home Alone and we will go to a christmas dinner with someone live singing and everything else will be spontaneous. But we're for sure going to Brooklyn and Queens and New Jersey. Great for pictures!" She smiles and gets all excited just talking about it.

I shrug. "As much as I'd love to, I must say no. I'm sorry." I say and start to feel uncomfortable all of the sudden, just because I said no. I mean, yeah, it's a great opportunity to just be in NewYork, but really, I much rather spend my time with Niall before Uni starts again. 

Admittedly, if Niall wouldn't have surgery, I would say yes to it, because I haven't been in New York since I was 13. If he would just stay in London, I would say yes immediately and fly off with my relatives, but now I just want to be with him.

"Why's that?" Aunt Helena asks. "Uni doesn't start right after New Year, does it? Or do you have anything more important already planned?"She winks at me, knowing that I have a boyfriend now. Both my aunts know that, but I'm not quite sure if they know that it's Niall Horan, one fifth of biggest boyband.

"I-I am flying to Los Angeles." I explain. Mum looks at me with widen eyes, surprised by that because I haven't told her yet. Not until now. "Niall is having a knee surgery and wants me to be by his side. It's nothing serious but we already have everything planned and, you know, I can't cancel anymore." I rub my palms on my jeans and feel my throat drying out.

"Niall,your boyfriend?" Aunt Karen asks and I nod.

"Isn't one lad of One Direction called Niall?" Aunt Helena asks and I nod yet again. "The Irish one, isn't it? Blond hair, cute smile?" She asks and I just nod. I don't know if I should tell them that that's my boyfriend or not. I mean, there's no point in not telling them, because eventually they will find out. But like, I really can't be bothered to sit here any longer and answer their questions about him.