FOURTY

Please enjoy, vote and comment! xx

Olivia's POV

As Niall and I drive to a hotel near the retirement home where grandma lives, I try to forget the nervous feeling in my stomach. It has been there ever since grandma said that she wants to talk to me about something important. Theories come up in my head of which none I want to be true.

When we get into the hotel room, I let myself fall back into the bed. "Do you want to sleep in my shirt?" Niall asks as he closes the door behind him. Neither of us have brought anything with us other than our phones and wallets. We didn't plan on staying the night, even though we both secretly knew that we would.

I nod my head yes. Niall takes off his sweater and then his shirt which he throws at me, before taking off his pants. I undress myself and pull his shirt over before getting under the sheets. Niall gets into the bed next to me and kisses my forehead. "Good night, gorgeous." He mumbles and lays down.

I put my arm over his chest and kiss his bare skin. "Good night." I mumble back before closing my eyes and falling asleep with my arm around him.

The following day comes quicker than I wish I would. The night passed by in no time and I'm still tired the next day. Niall left a note. He has sneaked out of bed to get us toothbrushes, toothpaste and breakfast. I roll out of bed and take a cold shower, still feeling the nervous feeling from the night before. Shivering, I step out of the shower and get dressed in the clothes from yesterday. "Olivia?" Niall calls from the other side of the door.

"One minute!" I say and put my wet hair into a towel before getting out of the bathroom.

"I brought us croissants and coffee." Niall smiles weakly as he puts the paper bag down on the table. I smile back at him thankfully as he walks over to me. "Are you still tired?" He asks and puts his arm around my waist. I nod. "And nervous?" I nod again. "Oh, gorgeous." He chuckles and kisses me. I kiss him back softly before pulling away.

"You can drive back to London, love. Dad'll drive me back after I talked to grandma." I say as I sit down at the table. Niall shakes his head no as he sits down across from me. "You will. I know that you've got an appointment with your doctor today and I don't want you to miss it. And if you do, I'll be mad at you for the rest of the week."

Niall takes a deep breath and looks at me, trying to figure me out as I take out a croissant and eat it. "The week is long, Niall." I add when he opens his mouth to say something.

"I'm driving you to the hospital and I expect a call from you when you're on your way back." Niall says and takes a croissant for himself.

"Deal." I nod and minutes later, after we ate and after I gave him his shirt back and we checked out, Niall drops me off in front of the hospital. We kiss three times before he lets me go. I watch him drive off before going into the hospital and meeting dad in front of grandma's room.

"The doctor is inside." He explains as he hugs me. I hug him back and take a deep breath once we're apart again.

"Is she really all right?" I ask. Dad nods as the door opens. The doctor comes out with a smile. I ask him the same questions I asked dad.

"She's all right. We checked her through and raised her medicine intake a little bit. The people at the retirement home are already informed." The doctor says and waves goodbye as he walks away.

"I told you." Dad says but I'm not paying attention to what he says next as I open the door. Grandma smiles and opens her arms. I hug her and she hugs me back before I sit down on the edge of her bed.