ELEVEN

Niall's POV

It was that sudden anger, that built up over the days where I had Olivia and Aaron kissing in my head. It came up in me all at once. I couldn't control myself and I couldn't care less if that piece of shit lands in a hospital or not. Just attending that party was already a reason for me to punch him. If Olivia hadn't distract me, I would have done it long before. I saw that he was staring at her and I saw that she felt uncomfortable because of him. She tried to play it cool and the others didn't notice anything, but I did. I wanted to punch that son of a bitch long before today. When he called her Olive it pushed me over the edge and I couldn't control myself anymore. I couldn't just stand there and listen to the shit that leaves his mouth. I had to say something. Then he took it even further and had to provoke me. What was he thinking? That just because we're not alone that I wouldn't beat the shit out of him?That just because Olivia was there, I wouldn't do it? He was dumb to think like that. Admittedly, I would have preferred if she didn't have to see it but to be honest I would have done it even if paparazzi where around us. I didn't care. He's an ass and he deserved it. If I would do boxing like Harry or Liam, he wouldn't have been able to even crumble up like he did when Ethan and Sam pulled me away. Aaron got a bit lucky in that way, I guess. And even though I would have done it no matter who or how many people are watching, I still feel bad that Olivia had to see it. She cried and even though her tears stopped once we were in the car, I knew that she's holding back. She tried to hide it when I drove off, tried to not look back at him when we drove past them.

Aaron was already sitting on the bench, with the others around him when we drove past them. Ethan was yelling at him, clearly, his arms were in the air, his mouth wide open. The others didn't try to stop him.

I don't know if Olivia is angry at me for punching Aaron or not, because she has not spoken a word since she told me to take her home, but I guess that just shows that she is. She looks out of the window, seems to be fine but I know she isn't. I wonder what's going in her mind right now.

Olivia's POV

Everything that happened during the last few months plays in front of my eyes as Niall drives me home. Everything happens speeded up. Every moment, every up, every down. Every tear, laugh and broken feeling. Nothing is left out and it feels like my chest is tightening up. Breathing becomes difficult. I have to take deep and long breaths. Anna's words play in my head over and over again. You said you could never cope with up and downs. It's distracting, you said, a waist of time...

"Olivia..." Niall breaks the silent and places his hand on my thigh when we arrive in front of the house. His hands are both swollen and a bit bleeding. Is it Niall's blood? Or Aaron's?

"I'm sorry." He mumbles and places his other hand under my chin. I turn my head around to face him as he puts his hand on my cheek. His hand is warm, warmer than any body part of mine.

"So am I." I say quietly. My voice is week and shaky.

"Are you mad at me?" Niall wants to know. He looks at me with big eyes, the colour is not the usual blue, but darker. I wonder where the time went when we used to be just happy, not sad or angry or worried or just lost in thoughts. I wonder when and if we are ever going to be just happy and fine, wonder if it was really meant to be. I wonder if it was really fate.

"I don't know." I say, because I really don't know.

Am I mad at him for starting a fight with Aaron? For defending me? For not finding a better way to do such so? Am I mad at Niall for standing up for me, when I couldn't? For not being able to control himself? Am I mad at Niall for doing something that I would have love to do on my own, to punch Aaron? I guess I'm not, or else I would know exactly. But on the other hand, there would have been better ways, maybe not a lot but at least a few better ways. Niall didn't had to punch Aaron, yet I understand why he did.