EIGHT

Olivia's POV

I usually hate it when people watch me opening a present, because what if I don't like it? What if I already have it or it's not my style? I can't just fake a smile, people can tell when I'm lying but for some reason, opening a present in front of Niall it doesn't bother me. I actually want him to watch me open the little box that he gave me. "Are you ready?" I ask him as I sit down on the swings.

"Are you?" He asks chuckling. I just nod and open his presents. I unwrap the wrapping paper und open up the box. Inside is a ring. It's perfect. The ring has little white stones around it and the word 'Fate' engraved on the inside.

"I thought since you're favourite word is Fate, it would be quite nice." He smiles and I put the ring on.

"It's beautiful." I say as a tear rolls down my cheek. "I love it Niall."

"I love you." He smiles and then I put the box on my lap.

"It's your turn now, love." I smile and he opens his box.

"A watch!" He cheers and is more excited than I thought he'd be.

"I-I didn't know what to get you, so I thought a watch would be nice and it-it has two clocks, so you always know what time it is in London and what time it is in wherever you are." I explain my present which takes longer than I thought. Niall laughs and puts it on. It's a simple black and does what it's supposed to do, show him the time.

"Now I always know when to call you." He winks at me, making me laugh and less nervous about the gift.

"Do you like it?" I ask.

"Of course, princess." He smiles at me and my heart warms up. "Now, I'll never call too late or too early and I'll be able to hear your wonderful voice for as long as possible. No short calls anymore. No talking until noticing that you fell asleep. Now we'll be on time." Niall says, sounding happier than I thought he would be.

"You didn't say it thought." I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm just nervous and kinda anxious. I still got Anna's words in my head. You said you could never cope with up and downs. It's distracting, you said, a waist of time.

"I like it, in fact..." He chuckles. "I love you it." Niall puts the biggest smile on, making me blush and giggle. "Is everything alright in your world?" Niall then asks.

"You are my world." I laugh. "So is everything alright with you?"

"I don't know, you tell me, since you're MY world." He says making me laugh harder.

"What are we doing?" I ask laughing.

He shrugs. "I miss you, gorgeous."

"I miss you more." I smile and he shakes his head.

"No, I miss you more." Niall says and chuckles.

"Noo! I miss you more than you miss me, okay." I say and he laughs harder.

"Are you trying to argue with me, princess?" He asks and I smirk when mum calls me in. 

"I have to go. I'll call you later." I smile and stand up, taking the box in my free hand.

I start to walk but then Niall says "I love you." and I stand still. My feet don't move on.

"I love you more." I smile. "Forever and always." I blow him a kiss and hang up. I log out of skype and then my feet move again. I walk back into the house, where my family is already sitting by the fireplace, on the couch and on the floor, watching the last Harry Potter movie. I plop down next to Sam on the floor as Anna gives me a plate with leftovers from dinner. We watch the last Harry Potter movie and enjoy the day together. My thoughts are everywhere but not here. I think about the last few months. About Niall and us together. About the things that happened between us. About the ups and downs we had. About the future of us. I think about all the things I used to say before Niall. I could never cope with ups and downs. It's distracting, a waist of time. Now I can't believe that those words actually came from me. "Boys are just distraction from more important things." "Boys are not important." If I would still think like this, I wouldn't be with Niall. He changed it. He changed everything.