CHAPTER SEVEN

"Brooke, are you almost ready?" I hear my mom call from downstairs.

"Almost!" I called back as I braided my hair. It was the Monday, the 4th of October, exactly one week from the day I started my new school. Its only been one week, but now that I think about it, I don't know why I was so nervous on my first day. I have made new friends, I've caught up in all my classes, and I really don't mind the hot weather that Vegas brings. Oh, and I finally finished unpacking all my boxes! Now, my room is back to the way I like it: clean and organized. 

I quickly packed up my bag and hurried out to my mother's car. "Ready." I said as I closed the door. We drove in silence most of the way, and I was texting some of my Orange County friends. My best friend, Paige, and I have called and skyped and texted almost everyday. She's making plans to come see me sometime in the next few months or early next year. 

"Have a good day!" My mom said as we pulled up to the school. "Thanks mom!" I said as I opened the door. I walked through the usual crowd of teenagers near the entrance so I could get to Jessie and the rest of the girls. I finally saw Jessie's bright blonde hair and I hurried over to them. 

"Hey!" I greeted. They all said their hellos and we gave eachtoher all a quick hug. We talked for a little before the bell rang and before I knew it I was off to my classes for the day.

Art was back to the way it should be. I don't talk to Ashton and he doesn't seem to give two craps about me. Whatever, though, right? Thats what I know is best for me becasue the last thing I ever want to do is get into trouble with this guy. He freaks me out, to be completely honest. The way he looks at people during class is full of pure hatred, and my best guess is that thats how he looks at everything else in the world. Not to mention, every single morning I have sit with the repulsive stench of weed and beer coming from him, and I really don't know how Ms. Hullen could be so oblivious to it. 

My next period was AP world history. I didn't really like history, I thought it could get a little but boring sometimes. But no matter what I always mangaged to have a positive attitude and I always seem to pull out an A+ each semster. Nothing really interesting has happened in that class....or Spanish....or Calculous, for that matter. I was really excited for Chemistry, though. I haven't told Jessie or any of the girls about Nick, because I wasn't quite sure of how Jessie would react. From the looks of Nick, he's probably a smart, nice boy. A boy that I would actually love to talk to more and become friends with. 

At lunch, I met up with my new freinds to ask them what I should do for the next period when I sit next to Nick. "Hey guys," I said. "I have quesion regaurding a boy..."

Jessie almost choked on her apple juice. "A boy!" She cheered. "Its about time, man!" 

"Who is it?" Amanda pleaded. 

"His name is uh...Nick?"

"Nick?!?"

"Nick?"

"NICK."

I was utterly confused by all their reactions to what I said. There's probably at least a hundered Nicks in this school. Are they all thinking of the one I'm thinking?"

"Nick what?" Annie said. 

"I.. I don't really knowm to be honest." I replied. Jessie grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards the west side of the courtyard. Uh oh. She kept pulling me, the rest of the girls following behind us. We kept going unti we were probably 20 yards away from thre jocks and "comman white girls", as Jessie called them. "Do you see that guy over there?" She asked me.

"Which one?"

"Red shirt."

I looked for a guy in a red shirt, and I finally spotted one. It was Nick!